Reassurance

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys im just after some reassurance. Ive been on citalopram 20 mg before around 2 years ago, for a year and a half for anxiety. It absolutely 100% changed my life, i had never felt so calm and confident in my adult life. After side affects they kicked in within two weeks....i was flying!

So after 18 months the doctor said that she would like me to try and come off them, and me feeling so great agreed. I had no side affects coming off and felt just the same as when i was on them. But around a month ago i started getting burned out, people started to say i looked tired and my old friend rumination came back.

So after a week of this i went straight to the doctors and told them and they offered me citalopram again, which i almost snapped there hand off for! They have also signed me off work. So ive been on the 20 mg for just over three weeks and just feel awful still?? I just dont get why they arnt working this time, I'm just running at 50%, bad anxiety in the night and morning,poor appetite( have lost a stone ) but i do feel quite calm in the afternoons?.....until the night games begin.

Regards Craig

0 likes, 79 replies

79 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Craig, sorry for not been in touch. Been bit low myself lately trying to get used to 40mg. Hope your feeling bit better today? It does come in swings and round about good days and bad. I have been sleeping alot recently and not eating very much not so not if it's due to depression. It's only 3 weeks for me so hopefully I will improve soon. Sounds like you have been getting better don't stop your treatment you have come this far. Sending positive thoughts.
  • Posted

Hi Craig, my doctor gave me a short course of sleeping tablets to help. I wad not sleeping at night at all and sleeping in the day which was no good. Sleep through the night now. Hope you find something to help you. Camlie tea helps as well. Get well soon.
    • Posted

Just been down to the supermarket and some diphenhramine hydrochloride the pharmacist said these will do the trick no problem
  • Posted

Good luck, hope it helps you get a good night sleep. Fingers crossed 😊
    • Posted

Hi guys it did knock me out for a full six hours. I think i feel so poorly some days because of the sleep issues.

Take care Craig

• Posted

Wow thats good to hear that you had six hours of sleep hope it continue...the better the sleep the more you feel better

👍👍👍👍👍

• Posted

I think thats the reson we all feel so ruff. Plus not eating enough which is bound to make you feel jittery anyway.

Take care Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.