Reassurance please

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi just looking for some hand holding this morning. Just short of 4 weeks into taking the meds and having the worst morning yet. Little sleep, wretching and so restless - just feel like stopping the meds as this feels so much worse than the original symptoms. Dragging myself into work when all I want to do is sleep and get over this. Just reaching out for a bit of moral support

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh I'm sorry to hear that Lifechanging. Those days do come along. Have you had any break in the side effects? It really is hard to tough out those days, but if you stick with it I'm sure you will feel some relief soon. What dose did you start on? I really hope that you feel a bit better soon. Ps. I need hand holding most of the time, and often wanted to run away from work when I felt so grim. Lee .
    • Posted

Hi lee

I'm just a week behind you do you have intrusive thoughts/negative thoughts it this that's holding me back ?

Thanks

• Posted

The side effects seem to be getting more severe instead of lessening. This is so tough
    • Posted

Unfortunately LifechangingI this is normal! I remember clearly the side effects in the first six weeks were worse than the initial panic attacks and anxiety. The mornings were hideous! Churning stomach,pins and needles ,like a burning skin sensation and dizzy which would set off the flushing hot sensation big time! My brother suffered the same thing and he used to say that in the end he just thought "stuff it" "What's the worst that can happen ,it's unpleasant ,but it won't kill me so I am going to get on and do something until it passes" Once you stop letting it take over and frighten you it will retreat and only rear its ugly head when it thinks you are unaware.

I am 18 months or more into 20mg of cit for the second time and feel great again but it didn't completely go for a good six months.hang in there and keep going because eventually you will improve and find joy in life again.xx

• Posted

Hi felis

I'm 12 weeks at 20mg I'm still having intrusive thoughts/negative thoughts is this normal ? Did you have them ?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Don I did have intrusive thoughts indeed I used to Catastrophise according to the Psychologist about everything I was completely negative and irrational and she helped me turn these thoughts into more rational ones. Like I used to think " if I go to the theatre with my friends I might have a panic attack and faint or worse . I should have thought well this won't necessarily happen and if it does I'll cope. I'll have a diazapam tablet with me just in case and this will control it.

There were many negative thoughts that were ridiculous in retrospect but eventually these too passed along with the churning tummy first thing in the morning and the nausea and the crying! I'm promising you Don just keep persevering and try to distract yourself ,you too will get better.xx

• Posted

Thanks πŸ˜„

12 weeks must still be early days πŸ˜€

• Posted

I'm only 15 days in and having a bad mornong churning tummy, lots of gas and more anxiety but glad to hear it does get better. The intense nauaea I experienced initially has subsided but there in the morning. Hopefully this will all get better soon x
    • Posted

Hi LynsΒ 

pit definitely will get better, the morning anxiety was the worst for me and the last to go! Such a relief when you wake up one day and it's gone!

• Posted

believe me 12 weeks is still early days give it more time x
    • Posted

Thanks I also have ibs so my tummy is always on my mind and this morning it feels worse than usual. I really hope the meds help my ibs too in the long term x
    • Posted

I do Don...when I get into bed at night my mind races at 10000 miles an hour. it had imptoved substantially for me though as the weeks have gone on. After two very long and stressful days I finally have a half day and will try and have a nap. A good guage for me, because If I can't nap it's because my head is buzzing. Will let you know later, and hang in there. Lee.
    • Posted

Cheers mines better this a few months ago it just feels that it that that's holding me back πŸ˜ƒ Have a good nap πŸ‘πŸΏ
    • Posted

Lyns42Β 

i had IBS too before cit I would have to get out of bed quickly and race to the loo. Nor the meds have settled my digestive system and no more urgent trips to the bathroom!

• Posted

That's great to hear. I'm the same every morning. At the moment I feel like I have something stuck in my upper abdomen it's all right. I'm hoping it's related to anxiety and nothing else x
    • Posted

The nap didn't happen 😱😭 Don! Tried my best but too much on my mind. I get what you mean. On we go, let's get this done😬
    • Posted

You don't have a private message option 😫
    • Posted

It's on now if u need to private massage me πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸΏ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.