Reassurance please

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi just looking for some hand holding this morning. Just short of 4 weeks into taking the meds and having the worst morning yet. Little sleep, wretching and so restless - just feel like stopping the meds as this feels so much worse than the original symptoms. Dragging myself into work when all I want to do is sleep and get over this. Just reaching out for a bit of moral support

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thank you all for the help, it's great to have this forum. I guess it's just a case of carrying on and going with it.
    • Posted

Keep at it Lifechanging. This group has provided invaluable support to me over the months, and yes it can be as tough as hell, but just keep taking one day at a time and things will surely start feeling a bit better. Hugs. Lee. 
  • Posted

I'm in the very early stages of this medication (day 7) and i've found that after taking my tablet about an hour or 2 later i'll feel really down and panicky but then once i'm over that i feel really good!
  • Posted

This is a timely post. I was on 10 mg. for 1 month and upped it to 20 mg 9 days ago and was about to pack it in this morning. I have had the worse anxiety this morning. I am not thinking negative thoughts, it is just very physical right now. Is that my body adjusting to the medication? Trying to work like this is so difficult! 
    • Posted

Sissy, I understand exactly how you feel as I felt much the same and had to work through all the side effects while feeling nauseous, shaky and anxious at work. It was awful, and some days I wished my dr would just put me in hospital and make that awful feeling go away. I am up to 20mg and finding things slower than I would have liked, but I remember those awful early days. No throwing in the towel now, just keep it to one day at a time and I am sure you will feel better so soon. Just get over this pump, even if you have to push hard. Take care, Lee. 
    • Posted

get over the bump 😰
    • Posted

Lee,

How long have you been on Cit and what is your dosage?

Sissy

• Posted

Hi Sissy, i was on 10mg for 6 months, and althoughthe wanted to increase my dose after a month I held back until December because I was terrified of the side effects. I am glad I did it, and am slowly starting to see a slight improvement in my anxiety. It takes some time, so be patient while those side effects are at their best worst. I know how awful it feels to start up, so I am pushing through with my 20 mg, and when I am feeling good I may just be on them forever. Don't give up too soon and perhaps speak to your doctor and get something to help with the anxiety for the next week or two. Keep going and take care. Lee.
    • Posted

I was already on Xanax before I started the Cit. As much as I don't like being on Xanax, I am glad I have them right now. 
    • Posted

Well  just use them until things settle. I was on xanax too for three weekss and they helped me tremendously to continue working when I really felt very anxious. Glad you have something and let us know how you get along. Be strong , Lee.
    • Posted

Sissy

We are at exactly the same point 39 days in. I updosed from 20 to 25 mg 6 days ago, and I am also getting the hammer. Very physical like you.

Before updosing I had 5-6 better days, so I decided to push for 25 mg as I recovered at 40 mg the last time. 20 mg may very well be the perfect dose for you.

• Posted

I was having some better days at 10 mg, but the anxiety was still getting the best of me during the early morning and then again around noon. My doctor and I decided to up my dose to 20 mg. I hope I level out here soon and 20 mg is all that I need! 

Keep in touch Noolie! 

• Posted

I believe that you made the right choice. In many cases 10 mg is just a start up dose. My doctor started me on 10 mg only as a stepping stone to 20 mg.

Like so many before us, we are just in the middle of the storm right now after updosing.

5 days ago I managed to spend 1 hour in a crowded take out place, while entertaining my 3 year old daughter. Now I try to sleep as much I can to pass time feeling very poor.

• Posted

I uinderstand! I was eating out with my friends a few days ago....today I stayed in my office and ate my lunch! 

Unfortunately, I don't sleep very well either! 

• Posted

I also wake up in panic every single night just after nodding off, so trying to sleep definately has a price.
    • Posted

We wil get through it! We just have to give it time. I had finally gotten use ot the 10 mg startup and was sleeping and now...not so much. I hope it passes soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.