RECEIVED PIP REVIEW FORM

Posted , 5 users are following.

I received a pip renewal form, exactly to the date a year before it ends, is my wife allowed to fill the form out for me? I know I have to sign it, I have plenty of evidence to send, as last time I had nothing and only got 11 points on care sideand four on mobility.

I have the original form but it wasn't done properly, also it says they look at the original award decision to the answers on the review form.

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

Yes, anyone can fill it out for you as long as you sign it. Don't be fooled by the shortened version of the form though, You need to put as much information as possible because if you just tick stayed the same you'll be guaranteed to have to attend an assessment, even though most do have them even for a review. Send only copies of all your evidence and make sure you put your NI number on the top of each copy. If you don't have enough of space to put all your information on the form you can use a separate sheet of paper. 

You can ring to ask for an extension of 14 days to return the form, if you don't have enough time. Good luck.

• Posted

There are no tick boxes Denise.

It's a box that says. Question one.

Preparing food.

Tell us if something has changed and approximately when.

Only three lines to write on

Tell us how you manage this activity now, including the use of aids. Again three lines to write on

Tell us about any changes to the help you need or the help you get from another person. Again three lines to write on.

I thought it was a tick box form, must have changed it.

• Posted

This is a different form to the one I was sent ..mine had on three tick boxes for each activity with a better/worse/the same..box to tick
    • Posted

They have changed it I think. I don't know when though. I can't add image on here otherwise I would have included the first question so you could see what it looks like.

• Posted

No, it hasn't changed the PIP review form (AR1 is what it's called) is still exactly the same. Is the form you have called AR1 or PIP2 Mick? It will state on the front of the form what it's called.

• Posted

It says pip 1043. I found this Denise, apparently they have recently been changed if you type on Google the typing underneath they was changed last week. I'm just wondering what date, if it was after 16th August then I should have received the old form, tick box.

rightsnet new and unimproved pip review form

How can someone explain something on three lines? I know I can add paper. Underneath is what I copied off the site that someone put.

The special PIP review form has been changed. The tick boxes have been removed and replaced with text boxes only.

The most objectionable thing about this is that you are now asked to write about not only what has changed, but also to repeat all your difficulties (in three lines), and are then asked what has changed again.

• Posted

OK thanks for that, my daughters PIP review is beginning of October.

As they were changed last week, there's nothing you can do now because that's the form you've been sent. Really, it makes no difference anyway because you really should write as much information as possible. The older review forms were completely pointless and my thoughts are that's the reason they changed them. Use extra paper and make sure you put on the which question is what and it will be fine. Good luck.

• Posted

By looking at that on rightsnet forum and my opinion is that seems so much better. I know there's not a lot of space to write but there never is on any form. I'm currently filling out another ESA50 form and the space on there is ridiculous. The only answer is use extra paper. Good luck with the review. 

• Posted

Thanks Denise, last time with my original form, I did not have any supporting evidence whatsoever,and no f2f I have loads this time, but they say if its over two years old, don't send it. I'm sending everything. They want it back by 16th September. A Sunday, ha. My wife will document everything sent, I have the original form too. I will let you know what hapens.

• Posted

You sent no evidence to support your claim and you had a paper based assessment? (no f2f) eek
    • Posted

That's right, no medical evidence from professionals, as I wasn't seeing anyone.not really anyway. the only thing I did send was a written statement of my own, basically it was stuff that happened to me when I was younger, but a toned down version,at the time I was being assessed for esa, esa didn't know, they do now, then there was a death in family and I was ill, and I had dla to pip form, I cracked up, my wife did not know about this, as I put it in the envelope without wife knowing, dwp did not acknowledge what I said, I still have this info, the original and a copy. My wife could mention this on the form that the last time I sent written info myself, as they are going off my original pip award, I'm wondering if this got lost ect, wife now knows, I've had counselling for it, since Dec 16.and I also last month reported one of the incidents to the police, there was three incidents. , I have a letter from the police so am I OK to send that too? It just states year, crime, and who is dealing with it. Also hospital admissions, counsellors, ect.

My wife just had her daughters f2f on Thursday gone, dla to pip, its very stressful, they did ask for info from doctors ect, this is rare. but still sent her, so we are awaiting that decision too, if it's a no, then it messes my and my wife's esa up as her carers allowance would stop, but they put that back on esa but then take away the extra money cos your wife is a carer. Two things I'd like to ask, and I'm sorry for all questions.

If my wife's daughter pip is refused, or accepted, I heard dla carry on payed for four weeks (28) days following the next pay day from the date of the decision, I remember as I was getting dla weekly, so I missed out with no money for a month before pip start to be payed after the 28 days was up.

If my wife's daughters pip is refused, does my wife's carers allowance stop straight away or does the same 28 days rules apply? , cos I don't really want letters off esa this week saying change of money coming in ect. I'm not sure with my pip review but with mine I think if they stop it, which I don't think they will, it stops straight away on day of decision.

Is a pill box and a inhalers spacer classed as an aid? On my previous decision it says "you use standard inhalers" I did have a spacer in 2016 but I didn't think to mention it, I did not have a pill box then either.

Also I just read polly454 message, is myself seeing councillors ect classed as a change? And being in hospital for a few days twice?

• Posted

I'll do my best to answer all your questions. My brain isn't working too well today. The letter written by yourself most likely helped your claim a huge amount. Like I stated before you don't need medical evidence to claim PIP or ESA. In fact in doing some very extensive research in the past few weeks for my ESA renewal I've found out that for evidence purposes.....less is more because 1 set of evidence can in fact contradict another and go against you. The reason I was doing research is because my evidence is limited too and I no longer see any consultants about any of my conditions. There's nothing more anyone can do for me except to manage my pain with constant medications by my GP. Having been back multiple times because i'm getting worse and the medication I take barely touches the pain, I've been told multiple times that there's nothing more they can do. When sending the evidence, if it's relevant to the PIP descriptors there's no reason not to send it, they will either use it or not as the case may be.

They do sometimes contact GPs/Consultants/schools and colleges for medical evidence but it's very rare. They contacted my daughters college for her PIP claim. You should never rely on this though.

Your wifes carers allowance is taken of her ESA yes and CA then pays her that amount but ESA add a carers premium of £36 per week, this means she's £36 better off per week.

If her daughters PIP claim isn't successful her DLA will continue for 4 weeks, as will her carers allowance. After this they will both stop. If she's still in full time education and your wife is claiming the disability element of child tax credits then this will also stop and an overpayment may accur depending on how the figures are worked out. 

If your PIP isn't re-awarded after the review then you'll also be paid for 4 weeks and then it stops. PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears and that's why it continues.

A pill box is classed as an aid yes but I don't know about an inhaler spacer.

Seeing a councillor isn't classed as a change of circumstances and it's not classed as therapy for the descriptors unless the therapy is done in your own home. If you go out of your home for any therapy you will not score any points for this. A few days in hospital twice is also not classed as a change of circumstances. 

• Posted

Thanks for that Denise, I'm just wondering what to send them now, hospital discharge papers is a yes, mental health team, yes,police letter, maybe. After all they are looking at my previous award so I can mention the letter I wrote best thing I can do is go to disability equality for some info. but they do not help with forms anymore.

My wife's daughter claims esa but wife is her appointee. She is at college but if pip stops my understand is that you can only go to college if you claim dla or pip and claim esa. She has a education of needs thing. The pip assessors contacted her gp, the gp phoned my wife and asked what to tick for DWP. Doctor asked if she could cook ect, how's a gp gonna know that. Then she got face to face. My wife took an advocate to f2f. But advocate told my wife that it was a bit naughty the gp phoning my wife on her daughters claim. My wife's daughter has di George syndrome. Five fingers and no thumbs too, learning disability Had dla all her life, my wife sent everything from being baby to pip, so I'm wondering if she sent too much. But nothing was contradicting.

• Posted

This is becoming more complicated because it's your claim and your daughters, so 2 different questions. You're over thinking things. Try to relax, I know it's very difficult to do that but stressing this much isn't going to do you any favours. As for your form, is there any disability advice centre near you? Google search to see what's in your area. If there isn't or they can't fit you in with an appointment within the timeframe then you may have to fill the form out yourself. Just put as much information down as possible and have the PIP descriptors, the previous PIP2 form and the assessment report in front of you as well. I'm not sure what good a police letter will be to your for evidence but of course that will depend on what it states in the letter. If it relates to any of the PIP descriptors then yes send it, if not then there's little point in doing so. Write another letter, if need be, a prescription print out of all current medication.

Your wife's daughter claim. How old is she? Is she under 20? I have no idea where you got the info from that she can only attend college if she claims PIP or DLA and ESA because that's certainly not true. There's so many people that attend college and university that don't claim these, as much as there are people that attend them that claim benefits. 

There's absolutely no harm at all in her GP ringing your wife to ask those questions, why is that a bad thing? GP's mostly know very little about the patients, especially when it comes to a benefit claim. They will only know what they've been told. I'm my daughters appointee too and her GP surgery will ring me because my daughter refuses to speak to anyone on the phone and has never done this in her life. They understand her disability and will always talk to me. The advocate that when with your wife and daughter to the assessment was wrong in saying that to your wife.

Remember, PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's all about how those conditions affect you daily. If a person doesn't fit those descriptors they won't score the points for an award and i'm not saying this will be the case for your daughter, I don't know how her condition affects her so I can't comment on that. 

As I said they contacted my daughters college for her PIP claim and it was fine, the college told them exactly how she's affected with one particular descriptor and that was all they wanted to know. 

• Posted

Wife's daughter is 21, yes I see what your saying now Denise. We will just await the dreaded brown envelope as regards to wife's daughters claim.

As for myself, I think the town hall help fill forms out, as to get a appointment with cab could be a while, as you say about assessment report, I don't have it, could I still obtain it? I have the original form though. I might type another letter myself, and also one from my wife, as she is the one who knows me best, well she should do, ha. I'm trying to not panic.

You're very helpful Denise.

• Posted

Your wife's daughter can attend college even if she doesn't have a PIP award, however full time students can't claim Income Related ESA without a DLA/PIP award. If her ESA is Income Related and I suspect it will be then if her PIP award isn't successful then her ESA will stop. Had I known her age previously then I would have told you that straight away. My advice here is, don't worry until you have something to worry about. Yes, I know that's easier said than done. I should practice what I advise sometimes. rolleyes

I would ask your wife to ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to her, this will give her some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with that report. It's very rare for them to go against it. 

For your PIP don't forget you can ring them to ask for an extra 14 days to return the form, they'll happily give you that extra time. No need to tell them why it's needed either. You can ring to ask if they can send you a copy of the last assessment report, there's always a report written even if it's a paper based assessment. Just be aware of the timeframes because sometimes DWP don't always send things when you first ask for them and it may take a while for you to receive it. 

My advice earlier about less is more as far as evidence is concerned. Your last award was given with just 1 letter written by yourself and you had a paper based assessment from just that letter, amazing! 

Always happy to help. Good luck Mick and please do let me know the outcome and of your daughters PIP claim too! Take care.

• Posted

Hello Denise, wife still not had decision of daughters pip yet, as for my review, my wife has been busy filling bits out, jotting things down on paper, extra info relating to questions and so on,photocopying evidence and numbering it it's looking good. I have an appointment at town hall where I live on Friday, it has to be back by 16th so my wife will post it off next Monday next day delivery. to see someone that will go through it and see if it's OK, so everything will be ready. I will let you know. My wife's just doing bits at a time.

• Posted

Hi,

Has your wife rang DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report? This is extremely useful if she needs to go down the MR route and if she waits until after the decision time will not be on her side. I'm not saying she's going to be refused but preparation is the key, always be one step ahead of them. It will also give her some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

When sending anything to DWP next day delivery makes no difference. Signed for delivery just means it's signed for by someone from royal mail sorting office and not a DWP employee.  It's not classed as arriving until it's at the department it's meant to be going to and added onto the computer. Sending it Monday when it has to arrive by Saturday (Friday really because 16th is a Saturday) is pushing for time a little to be honest. If you haven't rang them for those 14 days extra time to return the form then i'd advise you to do this because you may just need that extra time. 

Good luck.

• Posted

When my wife calls for the assessment report it's the DWP pip department isn't it Denise?

Also can my wife ask them in same phone call to ask for my extra 14 days to send my review form in? And do I need to prove a reason for extra 14 days.? As can't use telephone very well, I know I'd have to confirm my name ect, are two separate phonecalls best?

• Posted

Yes it's PIP she rings for the assessment report, it's called PA4 report. 

No you don't have to give a reason for wanting those extra 14 days, they will happily give them. I don't see why you can't ask in the same call, providing the person you speak to doesn't get too confused lol

• Posted

That's what I meant incase they get confused, they seem confused anyway. Ha. I'll let you know tomorrow what they say.

• Posted

Hi Denise. Wife got report for daughters pip assessment. As follows

Preparing food descriptor E

Taking nutrition descriptor A

Managing therapy descriptor B

Washing bathng descriptor C

Toilet things descriptor B

Dressing descriptor C

communication descriptor C

Reading ect descriptor C

Face to face engaging descriptor B

Budgeting descriptor B

Planning journey descriptor F

Moving, descriptor A

• Posted

Did you add them using the PIP descriptors? They don't add them in the report. They will be added in the decision letter.

I make is 21 daily living and 12 mobility...…………. Enhanced for both. Is that what you got? She'll have to wait for the decision but they usually go with the report. If it stays the same then PIP payments will start 4 weeks after the last DLA payment, no back dated money. 

• Posted

Yes 21care

And 12 for mobility.

No contradiction whatsoever in report, review date 2 years

• Posted

Fingers crossed it stays the same, it's rare to go against it, especially scoring that many points in the daily living part. 

• Posted

Hello Denise, wife had decision for daughters pip, no points lost, 21 on care, 12 on going out descriptor, enhanced on both three years.

Wife's daughter had face to face on 23rd as you know. August, it says dla will end on 9th October, last dla payment was 12 sep. So the last dla payment will be 10th Oct? As its in arrears as you say. Pip decision was done on September 8th. Then on 1st November "we will pay xxx amount this is what we owe from 10th Oct to Nov 1st. Then every four weeks after.

I did say I'd let you know as sometimes on these sites you only hear of bad experiences,it's taken since May but overall its a good outcome, just do it again in two years time.

As for my pip review form, they have it. I'm expecting a face to face ha, well I'm sure of it as last time 11 points and no face to face.

• Posted

Hello Denise, my wife had a phone call today from pip assessors, lady said she just wanted to ask a couple of questions to see if she could prevent me from having a face to face, at the end the lady said I do not need to attend a face to face, is this a good thing?

• Posted

It doesnt mean anything other than no face to face was needed. wait a week and ring to ask for the assessment report, that will give you some idea on the decision. Good luck

• Posted

Thanks Denise, I was going to ask if they still do assesment report. The questions was all aimed at mobility.

• Posted

Hi Denise, wife called pip on 5th dec for a copy of pa3 report, on Friday gone not received anything, wife rang back, lady on phone said a progress letter has been sent out, but they still not sent report, lady said it was "pinned" for being sent out, this sounds odd as they can send a progress letter out which should come tomorrow and is of no use whatsoever, but not send the assessor report.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.