RECEIVED PIP REVIEW FORM

Posted , 5 users are following.

I received a pip renewal form, exactly to the date a year before it ends, is my wife allowed to fill the form out for me? I know I have to sign it, I have plenty of evidence to send, as last time I had nothing and only got 11 points on care sideand four on mobility.

I have the original form but it wasn't done properly, also it says they look at the original award decision to the answers on the review form.

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Good luck with it Mick...On my tick box form (AR1) I stated that my mobility had improved and I was now able to walk more that 50 metres so I am doubly surprised not to have heard anything.I fully expect to lose the mobility part of my claim and presume they will take the overpayments back though its not my fault they appear to have a backlog.
    • Posted

Hi

This really does amaze me that they haven't contacted you because what you should have done is contact DWP and report those changes when they happened, rather than wait for the review forms. All changes must be reported and even more so when there's an improvement in someone's condition which will mean you're no longer entitled to your current award. It's possible that you'll have an overpayment dating back to before your review date, as I've heard this happening before. Any overpayment is scary and I would have rang them rather than let the overpayment continue. 

• Posted

Yes your right but the improvement was very up and down, good days and worse days I was scared to say I had improved incase I had a relapse... I have just waited for the post everyday and have put off as phoning scares me to death I am having palpitations now thinking about it.
    • Posted

PIP is about how you are 50% of the time. If your condition improved for more than 50% of the time then yes you should have picked up the phone and reported this. As you have stated on the review form then your condition has improved and you can now walk more than 50 metres then you'll almost certainly have an overpayment. They will want to know when your condition improved so they can determine how much you've been overpaid. How far into your current award did your condition start to improve? 

• Posted

I am awarded till June 19 I told them I had improved at the end of June 18 and this was why I left sending the form back till the last minute to make sure it wasn't going to worsen again. 

• Posted

How long into this award did your condition start to improve? What I mean by this, is if you were awarded in June 2017 (as an example)  how long after that did your condition start to improve?

How long had your condition started to improve before you filled out the form and returned it? weeks, months? Sorry just trying to help you and don't want to answer further without this information. 

• Posted

So sorry about the delay,lost phone,then broke new one!! Nightmare. I was awarded in June 16 and my mobility improved greatly and I felt little chance of relapse by June 18 I informed them of this on the review form...that had to be returned by July 5th then I had no word till yesterday to say thanks for sending the form In and they will be in touch if they want me to see a HCP!!
    • Posted

I'm very surprised still that they haven't stopped your money. As your condition has improved any money you receive from June 2018 for the mobility part will be an over payment. I'd advise you to keep this money to one side so you'll at least have it to pay it back.

Most people have a face to face assessment so expect that too.

• Posted

HI

Yes she can fill the form in, anyone can do this as long as you sign it.

Dont take anything for granted with the review form. You need to treat it as a new claim and put as much information down as possible. Use extra paper if you dont have enough of space. Dont assume they will look at your prevous form/claim because they dont always do this.

If you need extra time then you can ring and they will give you 14 more days to return it. good luck

• Posted

I answered this because i seen someone posted. Was using my phone at the time so didn't look at the date. Ignore the reply above because it no longer applies.

This is what happens when others post question on other people threads... i always get confused.

• Posted

Hi Denise, sorry aboutthat, wife called pip on 5th dec for a copy of pa3 report, on Friday gone not received anything, wife rang back, on Friday lady on phone said a progress letter has been sent out, but they still not sent report, lady said report was "pinned" for being sent out, this sounds odd as they can send a progress letter out which should come tomorrow and is of no use whatsoever, but not send the assessor report, I do recall when my wife asked for her daughter's back in September, she had it within four days, do you know what the term "pinned for sending out means"

• Posted

It just means they'll send it out once they've received it back. Seems like they haven't received it yet.

• Posted

thanks denise, does sound wierd that on 5th they said they had it back, now they haven't.

• Posted

hello Denise, wife phoned pip yesterday, decision was made, was told on phone enhanced on both from just standard on care. lady read decision letter out, apparently there is a large amount going in the bank but wasnt explained why, lady said report should have been sent out, it was sent to audit or quality control before decision was made,

• Posted

thank you Denise, I just have to wait for letter, I didn't even get a f2f, again. thankyou for your help too, I wish you a very merry Christmas and I'll let you know when letter comes. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.