recent update and options

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all.

?Brief update and options for those of you who've been responding to my posts. Absolutely no improvement or progress with condition and symptoms. Spoke with Dr. Undavia who performed balloon dilation surgery back on 7/7/2017. He advised me to cope with it as best as I can and we can discuss a second attempt at surgery in July of 2018 as medical and insurance protocol prohibits surgery any sooner,,,,,and it's never a good idea to go under General Anesthesia too may times in a shorter period of time.....Destroys brain cells and since I'm a product of the 70's and 80's I've done enough personal recreational damage on my own ( LOL). He also suggested a stronger dose or different type of anxiety medication. I'm currently on 1mg Xanax 2x a day. One observation is if I take them first thing in the a.m. symptomatically, they work for most of the day, Seeing my GP on 11/08 /17 and will bring this up to him. He's usually very accommodating in these matters. In the meantime just have to grin and bear it.  BTW .....went to see Waitress in NYC and YES in my hometown of Trenton NJ. No problems with my ear at either show and they were both outstanding !  That's all for now. Keep your fingers crossed. Will send out updates positive and negative periodically. Thanks for caring and I wish all of you suffering with this the very best in solving the problem !

Sincerely,

Merlin

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Does Xanax help you with your physical symptoms or just how you react to them?
    • Posted

Dymaz,

?I'm sure it a distraction from the symptoms as they are back the next day as soon as I wake up. It's strange how the Xanax works , but after I take them, the physical symptoms literally feel like they're gone, My GP says the Xanax tells the part of my brain controlling the symptoms to just ignore them. Strange, huh ?  But it works for me ! Hope this was of some help.

Merlin

• Posted

Hi Merlin,  thanks for up-date and sorry to hear things still aren't good.

Please ask your doctor for Fixonase Nasules (not the spray)  these drops

at the moment have sorted out my left ear and it's completely clear (right

ear always behaves itself)  They will work within 3 days and highly

recommend them to everyone on this Forum to give them a try.  A six

weeks course, using them am and pm I will pretty much guarantee they

they will work and sort out you bunged up eustachian tubes.

Is your anxiety brought on because you're suffering ETD ?  What meds. have

you already tried ?

Regards

Anne

• Posted

Thanks for the info, I just emailed my dr about these drops. Where are you located? I cant seem to find them in the US. I was thinking of using my spray and giving it a shot, but I think I would overdose since its highly concentrated. 
    • Posted

HI Anne,

Thanks for your response and advice. I will definitely ask my GP regarding the drops. Yeah, the ETD has definitely brought on the anxieties. Never experienced these types of feeling b4, and if I did it was nothing a beer couldn't fix ( sic ). I've run the gamut with ETD drug therapies but only the Xanax for the anxiety. my GP and I have discussed upping the dose of Xanax to 1.5 mg 2 x a day, or trying something like Ativan, Klonoppin or good old Valium itself. I hear some weird thing can happen with the Ativan and Klonoppin. really zombies a lot of people out, so I'm more likely to ask him for a Valium regimen which I've had success with in the past for a completely different problem. Thanks for caring and I'll keep you posted on any changes good or bad as they occur

Sincerely,

Merlin

• Posted

Morning Rebecca, I'm in the UK, but sure you'll be able to get them wherever you are.  It says on the box

FLIXONASE NASULE DROPS 400 microgrms (1mg/ml)  nasal drops suspension fluticasone propionate.

Sprays are no longer any good for me, but the Nasules are brilliant.  I'm now using them every other day and ears are still clear.  Really hope you manage to get them.

Anne

• Posted

Morning Merllin,  you don't want to be drugging yourself up with all those different anxiety pills.  Once you've got to grips with you ETD, I'm sure you'll feel so much better.

As I've just told Rebecca, my ears are still clear and I'm now only using the drops everything other day.  I'll do this for a week and then only try and use them maybe every 3 days......even my sinus issues are better.  They clear up all the inflammation too.

Good luck and yep, keep us posted.

Anne

• Posted

Hello Anne,

?I appreciate the advice but I do handle the anxiety meds very well. In fact, I can handle everyday tasks better as a result of using them. Of Course, my goal is to eliminate them completely. Until then I will carefully use them as needed and I really appreciate your concern/advice. I was seriously waiting for someone to bring that particular subject up. Please rest well knowing I'm not abusing the meds and will refrain completely when I get this horror show under control. Calling my md today re drops and thanks again for all of your advice and concern.

Merlin

• Posted

Hi again,  so glad you know what you are doing....it's just they they can become addictive, as you well know.  I'm surprised I still sane with the years suffering ETD, it puts me in a very bad mood.  Hopefully,

you'll be prescribed the Nasules.  Lean your head over the bed to administer.  Hard when sharing one naules between each nostril....sometimes I find I've put the whole lot up one side.  Even my ENT consultant said it was hard to do.  I press very gently, then sit up a bit to look how much has gone up, then try and put the same amount up other side.  Right side isn't a problem, so I don't know why I both, however, they do seem to be helping with Post Nasal Drip too.

Good luck and let me know result

Anne

• Posted

Anne,

​ As only my right side is affected, is it necessary to put drops in my left as well ? Left side is as clear as a bell !!!

​Merlin

• Posted

I take Klonopin and don’t have any side effects.  I’ve tried every anxiety med out there and Klonopin is the only one I don’t react to.  I don’t feel anything kick in or feel like a zombie.  I just notice I’m suddenly feeling better.  
    • Posted

I'm so sad, they don't have them in the US. I mixed my Flonase with a little water and used a dropper to put it in. I am desperate! 

Were they a prescription of can you just get them at a pharmacy? I wonder if I can get them shipped to the USA. 

• Posted

Sorry Rebecca I've just scrolled down to find your message after the one I've just sent.

What a shame you can't get the Flixonse Nasules in the US.  My nephew is a pharmacist in the US, I'll message him to ask if there is an alternative, but the same as mine and I'll let you know.

I get mine on prescription from my doctor.  I'd ship you out some if it was possible.

I'll get back to you about this.

Anne

• Posted

Hiya Merlin,  It's my left ear that's troublesome and not my right, however I do put the drops up both sides as I find they help with my Post Nasal drip and sinus issues too.

Which country do you live in and many countries can't get the Flixonase Nasules.  Rebecca has just told me that in the US she can't.

Anne

• Posted

I was taking Klonopin as needed and I was using it sparingly.  My muscles were so tight and I always felt anxious due to my ears.  Most of the anxiety meds gave me side effects or didn't work.  The klonopin worked and didn't case side effects.  My family doctor didn't want me to take them on a daily basis but my ENT and TMJ doctor talked with him and convinced him I needed it.  So now I am prescribed 0.5mg. pills which is the smallest dose and I cut them in half.  I try to get by on a half pay once a day but occasionally I take the other half in the afternoon.  I take Lavela lavender pills and I think it helps some with the anxiety and possibly keeps me from needing the 2nd dose of Klonopin.  

Taking a controlled substance on a regular basis isn't an easy process.  I have to be seen every 2 mos and get a written prescription (can't be submitted electronically) and my doctor has to fill out a ton of paperwork for the DEA.  

I am going to stay on the lowest dose as long as I can.  Hopefully my allergy and TMJ treatments will finally work and I won't need it!  

• Posted

Hello ShellBell,  Sadly, no drops do not clear up Tinnitus.  Unfortunately, usually once you've got Tinnitus you're stuck with it.  I've had mine now for years and years.  My friend has just started with it too.  We both think hers was brought on from stress.  I think using the drops helps to lower the tone.  I've had it so long now I've learnt to live with it and ignore it.  Now I'm typing about it I'm aware it's there now.  Personally, I think stress is a major reason why we get it.

Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.