Recently diagnosed and increasingly scared

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hey there everyone. I was diagnosed by my gp a couple of weeks ago. Am using the steroid cream nightly after bathing in water and baking soda, using water spray after peeing and moisturising with olive oil/ coconut oil, all thanks to advice gleaned on this incredible forum. The area around my bum is white, so are the insides of my labia, I have no ulcers or tears and not much itching  but it’s all pretty scary down there and although I really I thought I was coping with this diagnosis and the new routine, I am daily becoming more anxious about cancer. I look with a mirror and have no idea what is going on, it all looks so different and weird, that I’m really starting to dread the evenings when I have to put on the steroid cream. So far after 2 weeks, there’s been no improvement of the white patches and my heart is sinking. I’m not sure how long I’ve had this, maybe 6 months, maybe longer and I have this awful growing fear. How quickly does fusing happen, in days, weeks? And when people refer to scarring do they mean the white patches? Are the scarred parts/ white patches where cancer is more likely to occur? I’d be so grateful for any help, I’m just getting more and more confused and upset the more I learn about this condition. 

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ajay, so sorry to hear that you have joined us, but this really is a wonderful forum with lots of advice and support. Just some quick notes from me; make sure that you have the Clob ointment, not the cream. it has a vaseline-like texture. It stays on better and some people report sensitivities to whatever makes the cream white. Also, in the past there have been some really affirming threads on here, not all men have a high sex drive, not all want sex as the main part of a relationship. There are layers and layers to what makes a happy relationship, don't assume that the Disney version suits everyone. I read somewhere that at least 25% of people in the UK are in sexless relationships for whatever reason. Maybe LS, maybe because they don't want to. Who knows, but people work out relationships in ways that suit them and it's nobody's business but their own. It takes a while, but you will find a normal, both mental and physical.

• Posted

Thanks bridge of sighs, I do have the ointment. Who knows what will happen with relationships. I hope you’re right about the relationship thing, fingers crossed, in the meantime I’ll focus on managing the LS xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.