Recently diagnosed, need advice

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, I just recently found out this horrible rash had a name and that a cure was looking slim. I have many behind both legs they are around a dime in size and raised, I also have the small ring like ones in between both legs and under my arms. I remember seeing the one's under my arms and at one time along my lower bely, I thought they were little stretch marks as I had had my kids around that time. That was over 13 years ago and now they are back with a fury! I am trying the steriod creams, useless basically, I have had steriod injectons on the ones on the back of my legs, painful and useless as well. I am so bummed out right now! I am 46 and still like to put the skimpy bathing suit on, at least while I can wear it proud anyway, at this point I am embarrassed. Does anyone know if tanning beds hurt or help?, I don't go often and haven't noticed a difference but I don't want to add fuel to the fire either. Any advice welcome....please!!!  I am in Houston, TX and do not know one person with this!

Cynthia 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I just read your post I am sorry to say I am going on 2 years with granuloma annulare and it just spreads.  I have tried every cream available including Dapsone.  I have tried tetracycline also.  The ONLY thing that will make this rash go away from my experience is  prednisone 5 mg daily.  Taken for 7 days your rash will disappear but it will come back when you stop taking it.  My doctor refuses to give me more, hopefully yours is less conservative.  I am so sorry you have this rash it is awful!  Can I ask if you may have had a TB test immediately prior to the onset of your rash?  Mine appeared 2 months after the test.
  • Posted

Hi Cynthia,

I know what its like ,in my case the granuloma covered my entire body ,it use to burn like servre sun burn .I recall countless times waking in middle of the night sheets ringing wet with sweat in need of a quick shower & fresh linen. Its not nice for a guy either .At that time the treatment was increasing courses of predisone & the went on for over 18 months.As well as sessions of low shock treatment in attempt to hault its progress. The granuloma did slowly go away but over the year & half to completely.

The Granuloma came back a couple of years ago .I got a couple of courses of steroid from my GP but it didn't work this time. So with no where else to run to I consulted Mr Google & happened on a herbal med; called Granutab ,it came guaranteed to work or money back .At $100 usd I didn't have any thing to loose.

I was surprised the boarder security didn't stop it &  2 months later at end of course the Granuloma had completely gone.

All I'm saying is it worked for me ,I just wish I'd known about the herbals when I initially had the condition.The steroidal & other treatments I under went weren't pleasant at times feeling like a lab rat or guinie pig.

• Posted

Wow, sorry to hear you had issues with pain as well. Mine do not hurt, itch or anything, they just look awful. I am going to try the herbal route next, I am not ready to give up. I hate this sad
  • Posted

My son has it. I gave him a herbal tea and it disappeared. 
    • Posted

Your son likely had localized GA which is the type kids get.  That form goes away on its own within 2 years or less adults get the generalized version it doesn't go away.
    • Posted

It's  a real herb tea grown in my dad's backyard and organic as well. I really don't know what it is. All I can say is that I would help anyone with this because my son had it and I feel bad for anyone who has this disorder. One summer I let my parents watch my son because I had to work and I would go on the weekends to spend time with my child and my dad said look at Anthony legs and let me know if you see anything. I looked at my kid legs and it was all gone. I couldn't believe it. It was a miracle. I said what did you do and he told me that he had him drink this herb and in 3 days it all went away. If you are interested you can email me and we can exchange numbers and talk. Thanks

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service .

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Oh okay this was your son who had success with the tea, I don't believe it will work for me kids get the localized version of GA and in most cases that type goes away on its own.  
    • Posted

My son had it when he was 7 and my dad gave him the tea and it went away. Then it came back when he was 16 and my dad gave him the tea and it went away again. It hasn't returned and I hope it never does. If you live n New York we can meet and it might work for u as well. You never know.
    • Posted

Hi good morning Susan,

I was reading through your discussion in regards to granuloma anulare.  I have been diagnosed with it since january its only on my thigh s and buttocks but still its horiible. I wanted toknow the herb your dad used to make the tea. My mom also has herbs in her garden she says to me to drink the dandelion tea was this the herb your dad used? If not please let me know thank you.

• Posted

Hi.  Read some previous discussion on here.  Many of us have found relief by going gluten free.  I went off Gluten for another reason and it cleared up my GA that I'd had for 15 years within 3 weeks.  It's a simple enough thing to try.  I never would have believed it it I hadn't discovered it by accident.  I tried everything too including going on a medication for leprosy.  Crazy.  Mine's been gone over a year now and I've never eaten gluten again.
    • Posted

That will work if your GA is caused by gluten sensitivity.  I tried going without gluten and also had a blood test to check for gluten sensitivity, didn't work for me : ( Glad you found your cure though!
    • Posted

Hey, did you try oral Dapsone or 3 antibiotic combination given once a month for 5 months? Just wondering which....
    • Posted

Was it Dapsone oral? I tried dapsone cream with no change.  I am going to try oral antibiotics next there is a a study posted from India with 3 antibiotics given once per month for 5 months.  I am trying to get an RX from one of my doctors.  Will post my results....
    • Posted

I actually had to eliminate Gluten for my IBS issues, I am not 100% free of gluten but have removed what I can live with. I was also tested for a wheat allergy and was negative 
    • Posted

Good luck and please post! I am willing to try if it helps others.
    • Posted

I am using Clobetasol Propionate Cream at present, little to no change but I still keep using it...
    • Posted

Yes Dapsone oral.  They also recommended light therapy and 1 Dr discussed a Psoriasis medication in which case they would have to monitor my liver and it would compromise my immune system.  I said no to both.  Eventually I just lived with it and had the ones that got really annoying shot with Cortisone which helped somewhat but left scars.  Until I stumbled on the Wheat thing, I figured I have it for the rest of my life.  What I bummer, I hope you find answers for yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.