Recently diagnosed, need advice

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, I just recently found out this horrible rash had a name and that a cure was looking slim. I have many behind both legs they are around a dime in size and raised, I also have the small ring like ones in between both legs and under my arms. I remember seeing the one's under my arms and at one time along my lower bely, I thought they were little stretch marks as I had had my kids around that time. That was over 13 years ago and now they are back with a fury! I am trying the steriod creams, useless basically, I have had steriod injectons on the ones on the back of my legs, painful and useless as well. I am so bummed out right now! I am 46 and still like to put the skimpy bathing suit on, at least while I can wear it proud anyway, at this point I am embarrassed. Does anyone know if tanning beds hurt or help?, I don't go often and haven't noticed a difference but I don't want to add fuel to the fire either. Any advice welcome....please!!!  I am in Houston, TX and do not know one person with this!

Cynthia 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I grow this plant and it only blooms in the spring. 

It is a natural herb that you cant buy in America. If you like you can email and come to New York and I believe it will help you. 

• Posted

Hi Cynthia,  Sorry to hear you have joined the club with this nasty rash.  I have had this now for 8 years.  The only time it goes away is during pregnancy (which I know, I know - i've been preggers 3 times i the last 6 years) but anyway, each time it comes back worse.   To everyone out there, please be VERY careful about the injections, I wish I could show you the damage done.  I have a 2 inch diameter circle that now has "fat atrophy", it is a HUGE depression in my leg that I can push my fist into, much worse than the rash that had.  By the way, the injections did nothing for the rash.  My type of rash burns like chemicals are being poured on my skin, right before the intense itching starts.   I am nearly 1 year Gluten free, restricted dairy and all organic. And for the first time in 8 years my skin looks nearly normal, or at least to the point that I won't frighten small children on our upcoming Hawaii vacation.  My first bikini vacation in 10 years (note the 25 pound weight loss isn't hurting my self-esteem!)   My only thoughts are that it does seem to be something eaten or touched (hair color, certain face creams - wheat cat litter are a few) plus alcohol, milk, tomatos make me explode.  So, if you are thinking to try elimination diet, go slow, keep records.  Note, if you think it could be Gluten, just know that they can't test for Celiac unless you are actively eating it.  Once you stop or cut back it will effect the tests.  I am not 100% certain nor my doctor but he thinks I may be Celiac (even the tiniest grain of gluten and WOW) I suffer for days.  I've tried every cream and a few drugs that I'm certain will kill me at some point, plus every tea, vingar, etc.  The only thing I found was to start giving things up and taking time.  After 4 months, I was only seeing a tiny improvement when I went dairy free under a doctor's suggestion for stomach issues, then gluten and now 10 months later I'm getting close.  I may never get it to go away but after how bad I looked before (long pants and long shirts all summer, forget the pool) I am really happy.  If I learn any more I'll post again.  Good Luck and Happy New Year!
    • Posted

Thanks so much for the post and the laughs while reading it! I am just about gluten free, it is tough! I have severe IBS and I can't seem to find anything that doesn't bother my belly. I was tested for celiac and it was negative but I swear it has to be wrong, I can't tolerate wheat anymore at all. I haven't cut dairy yet. What can I eat??? I am miserable. My rash looks horrible, it's on the back of my legs, I had a few injections but they hurt to bad and didn't make a huge difference so I said screw it. The creams are worthless although I keep using them like they will decide to work one day. This just sucks so bad, it seems like when my IBS flared up my rash came on big time, it has to be related. I am 46 and not ready to give up my skimpy bathing suit, thanks to mybelly issues I only weigh 119 lbs so darn it I am sporting that bathing suit. I would love to hear some food advice so I don't fade away all together. Thanks again!
  • Posted

Hi!! The food thing is really hard. I can't boil water without ruining it. So I know what you mean. I miss all the yummy stuff. I have been focusing on lean meats, veggies and Pelligrino. If you can cut back to the simplest forms of the foods and don't eat out. Then you can get to the baseline, after that start to add back items but slowly. I found out that black pepper was a problem. Funny, salt is bad but it turns out pepper was causing a problem. The good thing is that an intolerance. Vs an allergy can reverse and not be a problem any longer. You will have to make a life change. I know you hear that a lot but it is true. Try to forget what you can't eat and focus on what doesn't make you sick but makes you strong. Good luck. I'm pulling for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.