Recently diagnosed with BV. Need advice!?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Long story short, I have had vaginal issues for almost 2 months now. I was diagnosed with BV and I was put on flagyl 500mg twice a day for 7 days. And told to have no sex for two weeks. I took all of medication as prescribed with activia yogurt. And finished them 3 days ago. While on the medication I masterbated clitorially, so there was no  penetration. I hurt however afterwards. Not sure why?

Also my husband and I had only anal sex 3 days after completing the medication. So again no penetration but I think some of his semen ran forward and a little might have entered my vagina. I immediately went to the bathroom and cleaned up with water. And then shortly after that because I was so freaked out I took a shower.

So could I have made the BV worse by masturbating? And by having anal? And could I in turn get an infection rectally from this? 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

No, i wouldn't take the Flagyl since it's not a full prescription. I'd just take the Diflucan & once you're off of your period then go back to your doctor for a follow up. Please don't let them dismiss you with just another round of antibiotics, bring your husband with you & request he be treated as well. All of those antibiotics especially in a short time frame isn't good for token health & it'll also cause them to become less & less effective the more you take them 

• Posted

Thank you for your help. I feel like I need to be in a support group for this. I am so depressed from all of this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.