Recovering from urethral sling

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I had bladder prolapse surgery dec 5 of last yr then I fell in feb and started having issues with urethral prolapse.I had sling surgery done a week ago,Im still having allt of abdominal pain,groin pain and now terrible lower back pain.CT SCAN done today everything looks fine.Anyone else have this surgery done that can let me know if this much pain is normal?

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wa s it a tvt procedure hun?x

• Posted

yes it was.I also have interstitial cystitis so anything remotely coming close to my bladder will set that off too.I guess Im just very surprised at the amount of pain Im having

• Posted

hi. look up lithotomy position. This is the position you are put in for prolapse surgery. I have back problems anyway, but my back was killing me for ages after prolapse surgery. Its early days healing wise.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your input.I have arthritis in my lower back so I guess that makes sense.I guess sometimes when you read up on stuff on the internet,alot of the articles make it seem like this surgery is a piece of cake.I was not at all expecting this level of pain.Thanks again for the response

• Posted

oh no way is it a piece of cake, its a really painful surgery that takes months to get over. A week is nothing.

• Posted

Yesterday was my 1 wk mark,I actually went out to the store for a couple of things today,pretty much my first time stepping foot out of the house and just after a quick trip Im on the couch icing and very sore and tired.I have 6 wks off wrk.Did you have any issues during healing process or after? I see my Dr next tues for my first post op check up

• Posted

yes, I have pudendal nerve damage, which has not gone. As for healing, it took several weeks, and then several months to feel anywhere near right, but I had other issues that overlapped. But overall the whole thing was very difficult and tiring.

• Posted

Im so sorry to hear that.Im anxious to hear what my dr has to say,I feel like she mentioned that my bladder was beginning to fall again but I was kinda out of it.I was in tears just trying to get into the bathroom.I switched jobs after cystocele surgery last dec,I feel like that has made a huge difference in how I will heal after this one.Im trying to be a better patient this time around too.It is always nice to be able to talk to someone who has been through it and understands how you feel

• Posted

when did you have your surgery?

• Posted

it is worrying, mine failed within weeks, but mine was a posterior prolapse, rectocele, and my skin is fragile anyway, so a second repair would fail, its just a matter of managing it now. Good luck at the Dr's, let us know how you get on.

• Posted

• hi Laura
      • Did they say why your tepairs fail?
      • are you on vagifem to strengthen up your tissues at all?
      • its absolutely hell when these repairs fail,i know as my first anterior failed,and your world falls apart.
      • do you have problems pooing,also do you have a bulge?
      • i had my second anterior and tvh in January but now my back wall is playing up. My consultant told me its only mild so.wont touch it.
      • It drives me crazy as i hate the feeling in vag when i need to go. Thank god for supps and movicol on the days i dont eat enough fruit and prunes😬. I pop a supp in and relief?
      • do you have any advice apart from physio,no.lifting or straining?
      • not sure how long.i can live with this feeling.
      • Th ere was a good enough reason why he wouldn't touch it this time as he saud it would make the vag too small. Anyone's else been told this ladies??
      • L ove and lightxx
    • Posted

Did they say why your tepairs fail?

*** It failed because my rectal muscles wouldn't work after op, and I strained to go.

are you on vagifem to strengthen up your tissues at all?

*** At the moment I'm on estriol cream.

its absolutely hell when these repairs fail,i know as my first anterior failed,and your world falls apart.

do you have problems pooing,also do you have a bulge?

*** I did, but have for the last year on the advice of a colo rectal surgeon, taken Laxido and 500mg magnesium citrate every single day.

i had my second anterior and tvh in January but now my back wall is playing up. My consultant told me its only mild so.wont touch it.

*** Don't do it unless absolutely essential, I wish I hadn't done.

It drives me crazy as i hate the feeling in vag when i need to go. Thank god for supps and movicol on the days i dont eat enough fruit and prunes😬. I pop a supp in and relief?

*** Regardless of what I eat,I go every morning, easily, and although I have another rectocele, don't have a bulge.

do you have any advice apart from physio,no.lifting or straining?

*** Have back problems so never lift or strain anyway. gynae wouldn't refer me for internal physio, as he thought I would tear more, I'm being investigated for LS.

not sure how long.i can live with this feeling.

*** The pain of a repair is worse

Th ere was a good enough reason why he wouldn't touch it this time as he saud it would make the vag too small. Anyone's else been told this ladies??

*** Yes and it is shorter and narrower.

L ove and lightxx *** back at you.xxx

• Posted

Bless you laura what a lovely reply.

I am on vagifem,have been for over a year now.

I did menopause early at age 45 so 5 yr s on i need the help😂

I am goung to start on magnesium as i gave some at home amongst all the otger natural rems i take to keep healthy😄.

I really think my proff consultant is fabulous and believe every word. I wont have anyone else operate on me.. He is my hero lol.

• Posted

make sure it's magnesium citrate, I get from amazon. I had hysterectomy at 42, so had an early menopause, and was on hrt tablets. But now am trying estriol, tried eoestragel, but I swelled up and was sore, so hope this works.

• Posted

Yes i do usually take citrate but havent for a while as been takubg chlorella which is fabulous.

Its so expensive to stay healthy😯 but all worth it.

Thanks for all your advice hun?

Would you mind me asking how old you are? Im age 50

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.