Recovery after Vagainal hysterectomy & Prolapse repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am 37 years old and had vaginal hysterectomy and prolapse repair (posterior and anterior) on 5th Feb. So I am 9 days post op.

so far so good, other than feeling VERY tired and some pain discomfort which I am managing ok with paracetamol and naproxen.

I have done very little since been home but today finally feel like getting ready and possibly going shopping to stock up (with husband who will obviously drive/carry bags ect)

Would this be too much too soon?

Husband suggested hiring a wheelchair so if can't manage been on feet could sit down?? Any advice/suggestions greatly appreciated. I need to start moving to help with bowels but don't want to overdo it.

Was given very little information when I was discharged from hospital other than no lifting.

Thanks. X

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think its too soon. Why not do an online shop from the comfort of your home. I've been doing that ( am 2 weeks post op ) so still feel in control lol.  Hubby just receives it and puts it away when its delivered  
  • Posted

I'd say to soon!! I did a lot of online shopping as well. Don't do it , you are only 9 days postoperative. Put some weeks behind you before you start adding on things. Rest.,rest.,rest!! Just piddle around the house doing small things in small time frames. No lifting, bending, straining, vacuuming, etc. I'm 16 weeks and the 6 hour riding in a car this weekend has me on my back this morning. Take time to recover, it'll be worth it as the weeks pass!! Blessings!!
    • Posted

Thinking about it I just went little walks with my dog and friend held my dog..I had shop prob del did it online I dint get board because the tiredness was pretty bad..I still get tired I'm 8 weeks post op tommorow 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.