recovery from laparoscopic gall bladder op

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi

Would someone be able to advise on recovery times for the above op please. I'm having my gall bladder out on 29th may and my husband insists I'll be able to drive and look after our 3 year old son the following weekend 5th June as he's supposed to be going away. I'm not sure I will but don't want to appear a wimp.

V

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That is very silly of your husband. I had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago and I still have pain every now and again. I went to have my scars checked yesterday and was told that it takes 6 weeks to get back to normal. I am fiercely independent and hate asking others for help but I have had to learn. My 4 year old even knows I can't pick her up for a few weeks.

We tend to forget that even though our scars look fine on the outside,there are a lot more inside and that is why we need the rest and support of others.

Good luck hope hubby thinks twice.

• Posted

I had mine out and a week later ended up back in hospital for a week due to complications !! So NO you won't be able to look after yourself let alone your son a week later x tell hubby to get real .. Your having major surgery and a part of your body removed !!! 
  • Posted

Had mine removed on 2/27/18 was in the hospital for 3weeks had multiple Procedures done.  I was out of work for almost 10 weeks and even now have no energy.  Going for the last procedure on the 24th of May.  Hoping this is the last.  Doc said I’m the 1% that have issues.  You are going to need someone to help you even if everything goes perfectly your body is going though a Trauma it needs more than a few days to heal. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.