Recovery time ?!??!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello

I due to have a robotic assisted laparoscopy hysterectomy soon (just waiting for a date) and I was wondering anybody that has had this what recovery time is like ?

I have a very active job I work in a warehouse and theres alot of lifting to past a back to work assessment I would have to prove I can lift a 10-15 kg box first I know alot of people said that they were back at work within 3-4 weeks but alot of them are office jobs but at the same time I amm very young im 24 years old so.....

Has anybody go any ideas ?

Xxxxxxxxx

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

it's been 6 weeks since my full robotic hysterectomy. My surgery last 7 hrs due to the spread of endometriosis in my uterus and intestine. I had a lot of scare tissue from a tubal ligation in May year 2008 that had connected to my ovaries and stomach. I returned back to work this past Monday November 30th with no restrictions from my doctor and I work in a factory we produce tires so I was shocked she sent me back with no restrictions. So I went from a 5lb lifting restriction at home to my first day at work lifting 18-20 lbs omg my body was and is in pain my mind was like I'm I hurting myself what if my inside stitches come a loose? so finally Wednesday I called my doctor she then restricted me to 10lbs but today 6 hrs of work I could barely stand up straight. I don't know if this is normal but I'm tired. May of this year they found an 8cm cyst on my left ovary. I was scheduled to have my left ovary removed in July but got pushed back due to covid. so on September 22 I went in to get my left ovary removed laparoscopic but when my doctor got inside he saw it was worse than what he expected so he referred me to an oncologist and I had my full robotic hysterectomy October 23. I just want my body back!!! this has exhausting mentally physically and financially. I just pray I continue to improve and that I haven't caused any damage being back at work lifting more than I should be

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.