rectocele repair

Posted , 7 users are following.

good morning. i have never used a forum before but im not finding my hospital very helpful.

i am two weeks post op rectocele repair and already had antibiotics for a bladder infection. i still have to use suppositories to empty my bowel as there is no drive no push as if its dead.can anyone help me on this as i feel he has made things worse. i walk every day. i eat healthy i drink alot of water but no it doesnt want to work. my gp gave me laxido to take but found that too aggresive. i really wanted to do this by myself naturally but am i wrong. i would really appreciate some help here on what to do what to expect etc.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh Debbie,I sympathise with you I'm in the uk I don't think women are informed enough about what to exspect and why these things are happening, thank goodness we have these forums.what you are experiencing is common to most of us,like all have said it does improve slowly,I've taken senokot syrup. and Docusate sodium (stool softners).you MUST at this stage take this help.your organs have been man handled so to speak they are in shock at moment so take comfort in knowing the women who have contacted you have been through similar,and have come through it successfully. Take care Debbie.x

• Posted

Hi Debbie, I live in Hastings.I am 11 weeks post op.

Hope you are feeling a little better now and a little more reassured, I still have a fair bit of back pain but it's liveable bm seem to be sorting themselves out,think I need to cut out the laxatives now (if you know what I mean ).taken more time than I anticipated.but we all heal at different stages. I'm probably a lot older than you so it's going to take a bit longer for me.so pleased I was able to help you.take care Debbie.x

• Posted

Hi Debbie.just something I need to alter .I said I was going to cut out laxatives.I should have said cut down, in other words reduce the amount.to soon to cut them out altogether.x
    • Posted

hi margaret we are all but neighbours im in hayling island. i bet your not much older. i was very lethargic today but may of over did it yesterday abit. i have no pain just alittle uncomfortable sometimes. im very bloated which i was expecting but trying to be patient as it was only two weeks today so at the moment doing ok. im an active person always on the go . i work aswell. so all this rest business is doing my head in but i am resting but also keeping slightly busy and mobile. love hearing from you. take care.
    • Posted

Hi Debbie,glad to know your feeling OK. I don't know how far Hayling Island is from me.I'm originally from South east London.been in Hastings about 10 years now.Being lethargic is to be expected.listen to your body,while your resting you're healing ,you'll have plenty of time to do all the things you've been used to doing in better health.so look after yourself x

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

Try taking some Magnesium vitamin at night. It worked for me and hope this will do the trick.

• Posted

morning ethelynne

magnesium vitamins thats interesting. what make do you use. just googled them and theres loads and what strength .

• Posted

Magnesium citrate 400mg. helped me. Try to get capsules. Pills are quite large and i found hard to take. i added one a day to other things i was using.

Hope you get the relief you need soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.