Red gland on left side of penis.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Around three weeks back. I noticed my foreskin was red(Irritated) I put cream on and kept it clean(As always) and it did go away but I've recently noticed that under my foreskin on the left hand side there is redness on the gland but it's patchy not all red. image

On the right side its normal.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

John, if this is the most you can expose the glans / head of your penis then you have a Phimosis issue, the redness is most likely due to this. The general advice is go see a medical professional about this.

Further responses to this issue are here at a separate Forum Post:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/the-glands-of-my-penis-are-a-patchy-red-on-the-left-side-what-could-this-be--715807?page=0#3597084

• Posted

it's always been the same, I've never really realised until now that my foreskin don't go all the way back it stops. I actually thought that were normal obviously not.

• Posted

So what the redness could be is that there is natural lubrication produced by oil glands that are present on the head of the penis, for these to function correctly the entire head of the penis needs to be exposed. Otherwise, it is possible to get quite a severe build up between the head and the inside of the foreskin.

What you need to be prepared for is that it is likely that the only option you will be given is to get circumcised - the only alternative to this would be to stretch the foreskin. For this, what you would need to do is persist at using 2 or 3 stretch exercises over an extended period of months so that your foreskin can develop the required elasticity and suppleness to allow your full head of penis to be exposed.

Unfortunately, you may be in the situation where due to whatever is causing the redness may need to be resolved quite quickly.

Please update your Forum Posts once you have seen a Medical professional .......

• Posted

Plenty of stretching and plenty of patience and the foreskin should eventually become more supple.

• Posted

That depends on the cause: so for example if you were having unprotected sex and you had a bacterial or fungal / yeast infection the redness may persist until the infection is treated.

However, as I explained in my second response here in this Forum Post the irritation may simply be due to the inability to fully expose the glans / head so that you can wash the area for hygiene purposes.

You also need to be careful about what you apply to the head of the penis that you can expose - for example, if you applied cream / ointment versions of antiseptic, or anything else for that matter and this built-up between the inner-foreskin and the head itself this could cause a severe irritation.

What would help is if you obtained a mild steroid cream from your Regular / Family Doctor / GP as this will speed up the process of you being able to fully expose the head of your penis and this will enable you to implement the necessary hygiene.

Have you been doing any stretches to your foreskin and if so what success have you had with this ........... ?

For anyone else reading this there is an excellent detailed explanation on how to stretch the Foreskin in the correct manner online. We are not able to post external web site addresses on here, so please use the following key words to do your own search:

• Wiki - How - 3 Ways to Do - Phimosis Stretching

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.