Red patch on glans

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello Everyone,

almost 2 months ago I got this patch on the side of my glans it was smaller ( Pics are Attached) 

Started using Exoderil naftitfine for a couple of days but then I read somewhere that its wont help the swelling so i stopped, but then skin flakes ( dry skin ) started to preduce and when ever I was it with soap it would get all red, shiny, and waxed,

im circumcised so every couple of days I masterbate using loation and the glans gets red all over again, 

I read somewhere to wash it with water then blowdry it... does that work?  Ive been doing that for the past 2 days 3 times a day.. not working

Would appreciate any advice on what to do next,

Regards 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

any help would be appreciated
  • Posted

I think that's balanitis, which can normally be treated at home, but in your case, it's bad enough and been there long enough that I'd see a doctor.  I think your home treatment may be making things worse though.  Exoderil may be too strong, and I'd definitely recommend against using a hairdryer.  Just use water to wash down there and dry it with paper or a towel.  A different lube may help, and maybe Canesten cream.

These links may help, though the second one is written for doctors:

https://patient.info/health/balanitis-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/balanitis-pro

Like I said though, I'd see a doctor.

• Posted

thanks for replying... since yesteray didnt put any lotion  or soap on it, just washed it with water and not theres a layer of skin covering the whole area... is that normal? 
    • Posted

now*  

ill add pics later on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.