Red Rash on Penis Head. Balanitis? Help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys,

After unprotected sex with a woman over a month ago I noticed what I thought was thrush on my penis head. Initially i tried canesten anti fungal which didnt work. i then saw a GP who prescribed me Ketoderm antifungal and Betaderm both to be applied for 10 days. No change. i was then prescribed Metrondazole gel for 10 days. No change. When i went back the GP had told me she notices nothing "impressive" and sees no visible signs of anything and that it is likely in my head.

i can very much feel physical discomfort and itching. the issue is that you cant see much when penis is flacid, only when it gets erect can you see it:

imageimage

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

Having same problem. Suffering from 7 months.

• Posted

REALLY hoping I don't have this for 7 months. You pretty much cant have sex with it like this..

• Edited

I've had the same problem, I dont know what it is or how to treat it. I try to be as hygienic as possible to make it less irritating yet it never goes away...

Sometimes I get a minuscule "pimple" that turns red and bleeds minimally and goes away, but those red "spots" never go away...

• Posted

My case also started with same picture what you have uploaded, till I I couldn't find proper treatment.

• Posted

hey there ive been dealing with same thing for approx. 10 months. ive been tested for stds and have had multiple doctors look at it and dismiss it which is very difficult because i know what my penis is supposed to look like. Hopefully you have more luck than i have had

• Posted

We only get tested for common stds which comes -ve. There are many uncommon stds which doctors even don't know. According to Doctor, if those common stds are -ve you are good.

• Edited

Would circumcision cure this? im assuming its balanitis and its been 2/3 months, still red and irritated.

can anyone confirm if circumcision would be a good option, because at this point ill do it

• Edited

hey guys, similar situation here also for past 4-6 months. have any of you had sex with ur female partners, and if so did they have any symptoms? i feel like this is a yeast initiated infection that hits the nerves/prostate causes chronic discomfort and mentally/anxiety doesnt help the cause. recently started pelvic therapy and nerve medications gabetin mixed with muscle relaxers. after a week the discomfort has gone down but not complete still early to say. main thing i dont think this is something contagious , but more a physical reaction to trauma ... anyone have similar thoughts or experience up to date?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.