Red, smooth, shiny patches on penis (Pictures)

Posted , 29 users are following.

Hello. This has been going on for about a month and a half now. I first noticed it after masurbating, thinking I was too vigorous and tore the skin under the head of my penis a little. since then, several spots have form where the skin is smooth, very red, shiny and if left untouched it dries out and sheds like snakeskin. The original area has what looks like an open tear that is always a bit wet but doesn't sting like torn skin. None of the areas hurt, actually, though they can be itchy.

I first thought it was a fungal infection, which I've had before, and tried using Lamisil to clear it up, but after two weeks I'm seeing no results or improvment. I've also abstained from masturbating or having sex for about a month in case it was mere chaffing but also no improvment is happening. I don't think it's psoriasis or balantis, but I'd not rule those out. I'm positive it's not an STD as I was tested only three months ago and havent had sex of any kind in the time.

I'm unemployed and uninsured, not even Obamacare, so dropping a few hundred on a doctor visit isn't an option unless I absolutely need to. Anyone have an idea what this is?

I think I need to post some pictures to get a real answer. Aplogies if that wasn't actually allowed.

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

any new ideas? if it wasnt a STD, what was it? fungle?,stress? I to have similar thing after masterbagion..havnt had the drive for anything after it popped up..not sharp pains in my sides under armpit area..if I even jog a foot..it drops me to my knees..ima go to dr

• Posted

i got this two weeks ago when i sprayed a desensitizing spray on my penis.. i freaked out and so did my wife.. i tried to have sex today and it was not there. when i was done it showed up again. its only when i have sex. we both are clean and have no stds we shower all the time and are stumped...

• Posted

Hi, very interesting, I also used a desensitizing spay with my partner. (it is called Promescent) The last time we had sex was 2 weeks ago. My spots are currently still there. I dont want to have sex until they go away. Any advice on what to do to treat the spots? Due to your comment I believe it might be the desensitizing spray we both used that caused the spots. The spots dont itch or cause pain. Just unpleasant to have there and it looks bad. I want them gone smh. Thanks hope you respond.

• Posted

Same thing happened to me! Used a spray and got a spot. Did yours go away on it's own? I have been using the spray for awhile, but this is the 1st time I every suffered a side effect or spot. Here's a pic, but I blurred out most.image

• Posted

It has happened to me several times now and I think I found the cause to be using antibacterial soap. This only started for me as I got older but now I don't use anything but water around this area and it hasn't happened again.

• Posted

i wont use that again. it really hurt our sex life.. we didnt have sex for a month and it really started affecting our life.. it is gone now and i dont ever want it to come back.. i hope all goes well with you too.

• Posted

The spray I used is called Dynamo delay. Just looked at the ingredients...

Lidocaine 13%

Isopropyl Palmitate

SD Alcohol 40b

Stearic Acid

Yikes! Guess I won't be using it anymore either. Not gonna lie, my wife and I enjoyed using it once in awhile.

Kind of worried because this "spot" hasn't shown any signs of going away in 6 days.

• Posted

I don't know if is different ingredients now a days but I am in my sixties and never had a problem until the last ten years or so then this would show up fairly often. Of course I was freaked out by it and tried different creams etc. but it would last for a few weeks no matter what I did then by chance I read something about soaps etc. being the possible cause and have used nothing but water since and have not had it again. I'm sure your mate will be fine with sex often rather than longer and then none at all while you heal from the chemicals.

• Posted

I took mine often more than a week or two sometimes to go away, not encouraging I know. Hope it clears up soon.

• Posted

I had the same condition for over 3 months and I finally see some progress. I had to go to the dermatologist and he said that it could be fungus or psoriasis. He prescribed me Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream USP, 1%/0.05%

That cream treats both conditions. After 2 weeks of using it twice a day, it is finally disappearing.

The doctor doesn't know what causes it and it could be developed by men in their 20's, 30's or 40's.

My suggestion is to go to the dermatologist, they will know better before you decide putting anything in that area.

Good luck guys!

• Edited

Hi. I'm from Brasil and had the same condition as you.

Here in my country there is an ointment/cream called quadriderm.

Composition:

Betamethasone Valerate 0,5mg

Gentamicin Sulfate 1 mg

Tolnaftate 10mg

Clioquinol 10mg

I was healed in 5 days.

You should try something like that

• Posted

how long has it been? i was offered hydrocortisone which worked for a bit then returned within a week of finishing the tube.

has yours returned?

• Posted

I am on the sixth day of treatment. I will use for another five days

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.