Red, smooth, shiny patches on penis (Pictures)

Posted , 29 users are following.

Hello. This has been going on for about a month and a half now. I first noticed it after masurbating, thinking I was too vigorous and tore the skin under the head of my penis a little. since then, several spots have form where the skin is smooth, very red, shiny and if left untouched it dries out and sheds like snakeskin. The original area has what looks like an open tear that is always a bit wet but doesn't sting like torn skin. None of the areas hurt, actually, though they can be itchy.

I first thought it was a fungal infection, which I've had before, and tried using Lamisil to clear it up, but after two weeks I'm seeing no results or improvment. I've also abstained from masturbating or having sex for about a month in case it was mere chaffing but also no improvment is happening. I don't think it's psoriasis or balantis, but I'd not rule those out. I'm positive it's not an STD as I was tested only three months ago and havent had sex of any kind in the time.

I'm unemployed and uninsured, not even Obamacare, so dropping a few hundred on a doctor visit isn't an option unless I absolutely need to. Anyone have an idea what this is?

I think I need to post some pictures to get a real answer. Aplogies if that wasn't actually allowed.

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

not sure if this will help anyone but after using prescribed hydrocortisone which was a temp fix and actually made it worse (made my skin thin after 6/7 months use) my penis went red raw and took months to heal. I have also been tested for thrush and herpes, stds in general all of which was negative. i was also treated for thrush and herpes even though i didn't have it with no success. I have used sudocrem, e45, emolionet creams, organic coconut oil, hydrogen peroxide and nothing has worked. As you can tell ive tried everything for weeks over the last two years and doctor's tell me its autoimmune issue and i may need live with it. Absolute bull crap as there is clearly plenty of men suffering like me. Ive actually found in recent weeks success with Aveeno dermexa emoilent shower cream and also out of pure desperation success with Piz Buin soothing and cooling after sun. I have no idea why but it's stopped the flaking, the redness has reduced and my penis looks the best it has in two years! So if you are desperate give it a shot

• Posted

i have the same problem, is yours gone? mine started in 2017 and my doctor prescribed betamethasone and it worked but only for a few months, then i go back to my doctor and told him that it came back and then prescribed me triderm cream but it just works for weeks. it just coming back. i need your help. sorry for my bad english

• Edited

hi guys

i last posted about 6 months ago about my success with the emollient body wash and that remains somewhat true but the piz buin stopped working.

so i want to tell let you know where i am now and the success i am having! after going private and paying a lot of money for a new Dermatologist ive finally got a diagnosis and something that works!

diagnosis: gential psoriasis

treatment: there is no cure however you can keep it at bay. first you will need to request advantan fatty ointment (this is a steroid however its only going to be for a week tops) and then afterwards use Tacrolimus 0.1% which is not a steroid containing product. something i scared off after my hydrocortisone disaster. i used this for 4 weeks and its gone. every 4-6 weeks i occasionally notice a very slight....and i mean SLIGHT red area coming through (unnoticeable to anyone else). i use the tacrolimus again and in 2 nights max im back to normal.

there is risks with tacrolimus but after reading many forums i see so many others find such relief with it and i am one of them. i hope this helps someone somewhere.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.