Red stringy bits/like tissue in urine

Posted , 9 users are following.

For the past few days I have noticed that I am passing red stringy/tissue like clots in my urine, (I don't know how to describe it) the doc said I had yesterday evening that my urine looked like if been starving myself and she urged me to eat ASAP. but had it checked today was fine. I am not diabetic. I've been to a&e they said I had water infection but went to docs today she said yesterday I have but today I haven't so to stop the antis. I've had my urine sent off to the lab to see if they could grow something? All came back normal. I'm at loss and very worried. Am not sleeping or eating. It's so frustrating because it's not passing every time I go toilet and has not passed on any of the samples I have given. I'm 100% it's not coming From my vagina area I'm not on my period. I have pains going through out my body, I have Gastro symptoms. Lost my appetite dunno if this is stress. I'm always feeling sick.

I know it sounds disgusting but I collected my urine in a plastic cup at home and analysed it myself. The red stuff looks gloopy. My urine is not a weird colour or anything.

I feel like no one is listening to me and doc had passed it off as some virus and that's what I always get told. sad

What do I do?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, did you find relief?

I dont know if this thread is still active but i have been having the exact same symptoms the past few days. My doctors cant figure out what it is with their urine tests.However, i want to ask if you were taking the patch or some other birth control? And how long?

I am on the patch, and i noticed that since i took it off last night, those red bits in my urine have changed shape. Instead of pulp-like, tissue-like bits, they are now flat and scab-like. which might mean I'm healing. And no more white fleshy chunks. And no more gastro issues or pain.

Also, do you have signs of pelvic infection? Like bloating and pain in the pelvic area? I has these until yesterday.

Hope you read this!

• Posted

I should also note, I've taken an antibiotic and an antacid recently. But Im pretty sure the patch is what caused/changed the red things in my urine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.