Red veiny penis under foreskin

Posted , 27 users are following.

Can anyone help me figure out what this is? The Doctors dont seem to know. I have used thrush cream and no joy.image

3 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Anyone... Any ideas?

• Posted

For how long do you have this? If I am right you are uncircumcised, right? Uncircumcised people normally have more sensitive foreskin and veins can be seen, which is completely normal. Some of the redness that I can see is obviously due to small blood vessels that are present there, however not sure if all of it is due to blood vessels.

Looking at picture it seems you have redness on glans as well, am I right or is it just on picture due to angle?

Do you have any other symptoms like burning, itching, etc?

Honestly this could be literally anything, fungal/bacterial infection, skin irritation due to chemical products used to wash penis, irritation due to frequent/rough masturbation or due to rough intercourse, and also it could be nothing, just normal skin and that your blood vessels got more prominent for some reason therefore redness appeared.

• Posted

urologist here. your supposed to have prominent veins there. this area is called a mucosa and its thin enough for the veins to show and because of the fact that you have a lot of erogenous tissue there it needs more of a bloodflow

• Posted

Thanks for your answers so far. Let me explain further. It has been this way for about 3 months now, when erect it hurts to pull the foreskin back, penis and balls are often achy and sore, often a bad smell aswell. I done a chlamydia test and that come back negative.

Yes the glans are red also

Penis has never looked like this before and it is not normal.

• Posted

Hi Bob, Tangki2 is a qualified Urologist - but you know your penis best, so if this is certainly not normal for you then you need to look for some explanation, that is for sure.

When Mikael was asking for further clarification and offering a number of potential causes you seem to have stated - " Hi... Replied in comments " - which obviously does not give us much to work on!

The question I would have wanted clarification on is whether you are actually circumcised as it would appear to me that you have drawn the foreskin down towards the bottom of your penile shaft. But you have just answered that one, so thanks for the further details.

So we need to know: were you sexually active 3+ months ago - any risk taking in terms of no condoms, or perhaps receiving oral - although what you have would seem to be an exceptional reaction if this were sexually related. You could have a combination of things going on. Have you recently started taking a drug treatment for a major health issue by chance?

• Posted

Hi Dugie, I am un-circumcised. I had a 1 night stand near Christmas and we didnt use protection, this is the obvious worry that she has passed on herpes or another STI.... and only had 1 other sexual partner since. The new sexual partner recently had a UTI, which could be unrelated. It feels tender, sore and very dry. I havent had any discharge that I know of.

This is really worrying me and constantly on my mind, completely throwing me off work and home life.

• Posted

Sorry, also not started taking any drug treatments

• Posted

This looks exactly like me and I have hsv. I never had any sores either bot lots of small vein inflammation on my foreskin and scrotum. I hope this UTI of your girlfriend was not herpes outbreak as it is often misdiagnosed by women.

• Posted

• Posted

where is it hurting? a partner with a urinary tract infection can pass it to you and I'll admit I am circumcised since birth so there's no way for me to relate to the feeling of dryness but dont let this make you feel like you need to get cut- my partner would always give me an infection if she had a urinary tract infection. get on some antibiotics if you can.

do you wash your penis with soap? do you use any scented products under your foreskin?

I am a urologist and I have dealt with penile issues for many men, myself included. let me know if I can do anything else I'll be here

• Posted

Hi Tangki, thank you for this feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Its not really hurting as such, more of an aching feeling, both penis and balls and where its dry it feels irritated. I also went through a couple of days where it was like my penis had a fever and went very hot.

I regularly wash my penis with soap, most often fragranced, up until I had the 1 night in December no soaps have ever caused a problem.

I have just had a blood test for liver function so I can be prescribed some antibiotics as recommended by the local dr so fingers crossed this nightmare will be over soon.

• Posted

more often than not the vaginal canal is just full of bacteria if not taken care of properly and this may be the issue. simple antibiotics should help but in the event it doesnt work it's probably something else- a yeast infection. you can treat a yeast infection by going to your local pharmacy (Walmart here in the United states) and buying something called vagisil. it is advertised for women because they get these infections quite easily but it can be used for men as well. as for cleaning your penis you should never use soap more than once a week- doing this essentially kills "good" bacteria that are there to prevent you from getting infections and inviting "bad" bacteria. not only does it render you defenseless but it also opens microscopic cuts in your skin as well as dry your skin out.

try the antibiotics and if you can get your hands on the creams for yeast infections do so. to help with the tight foreskin you can use hydrocorizone- all of these ,with the exemption of antibiotics , are available at your local pharmacy without a prescription.

• Posted

Thank you for all your help it is greatly appreciated. I will come back once I have tried the antibiotics.

Best

• Posted

hi, did you manage to get to the bottom of this problem. I'm dealing with the exact same but for almost 2 years now. hope to hear back.

• Posted

i have same problem with red veins, and i have also a swollen vein.

i am have an apointment for urologist, you found any sollution or what it is?

• Posted

i have seen loads of dermatologists and doctors and no answers that help it out atall, I have tried many various creams and that but nothing helps it out. all that feels constant tho is that the area is always very hot even when I'm not doing anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.