Red veiny penis under foreskin

Posted , 27 users are following.

Can anyone help me figure out what this is? The Doctors dont seem to know. I have used thrush cream and no joy.image

3 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey Bob. What did this turn out to be? I have something similar going on.

• Posted

If you get no reply it may be helpful if you start your own discussion using the Button below left ...

• Posted

try fungal cream, it should help, looks like a yeast infection

• Posted

Do not use any fungal cream

• Posted

lotrimin athletes foot antifungal POWDER spray healed my issue!!

• Edited

Hi Bob

I'm not a doctor but I know exactly what this is.

• Edited

Sure Jaime, it's steroid-cream induced red skin syndrome. I imagine that it started off as a fungal rash on the penis and this chap applied a fungal cream containing a cortisone. the cortisone cream has been applied too excessively and has entered into the bloodstream, widening the capillaries and triggering a condition called topical steroid withdrawal. the cure is to stop applying any cream and leave it alone. it will take time but the redness will fade as the capillaries narrow.

• Posted

I have a similar looking red veins at the top of my shaft/rim of the glans, and redness on the glans itself, and redness around the urethra. Pretty sure its from unprotected sex, but I tested negative for the usual 😦 Am circumcised. I also get red/rashiness on my face a day or two after eating sugary foods. Both face and penis redness started around the same time...fungal issue?

• Posted

probably, but would need to see photos or see doctor

• Edited

Is it possible for this to be permanent? I seem to have the same issue and it's been about two months and still there is plenty of red in that area.

• Edited

No.

Recovery length depends on what you applied and how long you applied it for.

Anywhere from 6 months to 3 years is standard

• Edited

Hi,

​

I honestly think i have this problem also. I have been treating a yeast infection for months now. Started as Jock Itch and then became a yeast infection on my penis. I used antifungal spray to clean up the jock itch in two weeks but the first antifungal cream i used on my penis for a week didnt work. The doctors told me to use it again for a little longer. After a while it felt like the yeast infection came back so they prescribed me stronger cream which i used for a week but didnt feel like it worked so i was told to use again for longer 2-3 weeks. Over the past 4-5 months i have on and off been using these creams and is it possible i have been mistaken a reacurring yeast infection (Redness, irritation feeling) with this steroid-cream induced red skin syndrome??

I did feel like i had been on and off using it for too long but only because the doctors told me to. All the other yeast symptoms have gone it was just the redness, slight irritation and also these red veins appearing.

Thanks for your message, there doesnt seem to be alot of help when it comes to a yeast infection in men weather its online or at the doctors.

• Posted

what if i have the same thing and i havent put any antifungal cream yet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.