Reddish/Orange Piece Of Poop In Diarrhea. Anyone Else Ever Have This Happen? (Photos Incld.)

Posted , 10 users are following.

WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS AHEAD

So first, let me just go ahead & apologize in advance for the gross factor- but I've now had this happen a total of 3 times in the last year. I already have appt. scheduled, but it's not for another 3wks. & I'm really stressed out over what this might be caused from..

I have had this show up in the toilet, each time was during a bout of Diarrhea, only one piece of stool looks like this- everything else looks like 'normal' diarrhea. There is no blood in my stools either, but the color of this looks like a red-orange color. I have inspected it & it has a white 'powdery' type of substance in the center. I had this happen once a few months ago, then again last night when I had diarrhea & then again tonight I had diarrhea again & it happened AGAIN. The first time it happened, I thought maybe it was just a piece of food that didn't get fully digested, but now that it's happened again (2 nights in a row) & only happening during a bout of diarrhea, I'm just getting scared & so confused. It doesn't resemble anything I've eaten, so I don't know if this is just what food can look like during part of the digestive process- OR is it a sign of something serious? I have already shown signs of IBS, which is part of the reason for the upcoming appt. in 3 weeks, but none of my research has shown anything like this as a related possibility. I also have Endometriosis, but again, I don't see any correlation there either. Anyone else experience something like this or have ANY IDEA what might cause something like this? Please, any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi aly, ring back to your doctors and say you have an appointment in 3 weeks but this is getting worse, lay it on thick and push for them to move your appointment to be as soon as possible, good luck, let's us know what they say.

• Posted

Ugh great, now I'm even more worried..but I will call tomorrow & see if they can move my appt. up. June 8th was already the soonest they could get me in to my GP, so I'm not sure what they'll be able to do.. The Corona Virus has them booked out over a month right now. Thanks for your reply though.

• Posted

If you can't get an appointment, the do a quick test kit, which you can purchase online for Bowel Cancer. Not saying it is that, but sometimes the stress or worry can make symptoms worse. You could get a response in a few days, then at least take those results to the doctors as a head start.

• Posted

hi ali, sorry panic was the last thing i wanted you to do. coronavirus or not i just wanted your doctors to see you. good luck.

• Posted

are you sure thats not a swallowed piece of food? the white center looks some sort of white meat?

were you constipated before this bowel movement? it couldve been some sort of fecal or food impaction?

im guessing here. call your dr but try and stay calm. stress and anxiety will ravage your ibs

• Posted

Yes I have been having issues with constipation prior to having diarrhea.. It was like my body completely flushed out my bowels/colon. I've thought it could be due to the meds, vitamins, probiotics or foods that I'm eating & that it's just a piece of food that didn't process/digest completely prior to having diarrhea..Or that it could be a sign of something more serious. I just don't really know, as I've only had it happen the 3 times over the last year & each time was when I had diarrhea too. I had also taken stool softeners to help with constipation prior to each incident too & they are the gel capsules, also really similar in color of this stool too. Not sure if that might be a contributing factor as well. There's no blood at all in any of my stools or diarrhea, color is normal brown- only concerning issue is the color of this one piece of stool each time, and it's always just one piece like this..the rest of my stool looks like normal stools or diarrhea. I'm just so perplexed by this, which has me worrying like crazy that it could be something serious. Waiting to hear back from my Dr.'s office to see if they can move things around & get me in sooner.

• Posted

This looks very much like undigested food or medicine. what did you eat in the last few days? did you take any pills?

• Posted

So first, I do take Caritin D for Allergies. I also took Excedrin for (menstral cramps). I take vitamins & supplements: B-Complex, Magnesium, Potassium & also recently started Fiber (gummies). I don't take ALL of them every day, but they are all taken in rotation everyday. I also drink a lot of PowerAde (red coloring/fruit punch).

Yes, I had been dealing with bouts of constipation, which is why I started taking the fiber supplements recently to see if that would help, so I could stop taking stool softeners-

The stool softeners are also a reddish-orange gel-pill form. I had taken every 3-4 days for a couple weeks, but it's been about 2 wks since I took the last one & stools were all normal in color when I was taking those too.

As for diet, I very first time this had happened, I had eaten a hot dog & then had diarrhea. I had figured unprocessed food that time. But then the 2nd time (2 days ago), I had eaten a cheeseburger w/ketchup, breaded fish filets, a frozen pizza. Then last night when it happened again, I had eaten pot roast, carrots, potatoes. I also notice that the 3 times this happened, I've also had dairy- which almost always messes with my stomach, but don't know how that would correlate either?

I actually came across another thread that had the exact identical stool (white powerdery type substance in center), but the outside color of theirs was a yellowish color, not this orange/reddish color.

My mom has had her gallbladder removed & thinks I need mine checked, which I'll be discussing with my DR. at upcoming appt. Due to the issues I seem to have whenever I eat dairy or certain foods, always bouncing between constipation or diarrhea, gas pain, stomach cramps from gas, etc. I also really thought IBS fit as the issue. THIS one thing is what has me so confused though, I don't know if drinking red colored drinks everyday could cause this or certain foods? Especially since there's no blood at all, just the color of the one piece of stool each time, and each time (3 total) it's happened when I've had diarrhea.

Sorry for the long response, I should've probably provided more details in my initial post. First time posting though,lol.

• Posted

try and save what you took pics of and request your dr to have them tested

• Posted

Thank you for the suggestion..unfortunately I disposed of it after taking photos, but if it happens again before my appt., I will save it & take it in with me.. I know it could be something as simple as food that didn't get digested/processed fully prior to bout of diarrhea or it could be a sign of something more serious..which is why I've been worrying myself sick over it.

• Posted

ive been running myself into the ground for about 3 weeks worrying about colon cancer before my scope.

all it does is make everything worse and all your symptoms worse

try and find a way to calm down i know its impossible some times

• Posted

I can tell you now-this has nothing to do with colon cancer (I work in omcology). this is almost certainly undigested food or meds, i would bet its the stool softener, as that was a red gel capsule, and since you had diarrhoea it didnt have time to digest. the reason your only seeing it if you have diarrhoea is because normally it would be fully digested or any remnants hidden in a formed stool.

all your symptoms sound very much like classic IBS to me. it is very normal for high fat and high fibre foods to trigger diarrhoea in ppl with ibs as they stimulate the GI tract to move, which in IBS causes an over reaction and everything comes out way to fast (diarrhoea)

• Posted

leenie, i understand you know the symptoms of colon cancer well as i had it. but forgive me. for the last 3+ years after my colon surgery i have non stop been passing these egg type things. are you trying to tell me that for 3+ years its all because of what i eat? realize that after surgery, your eating habits already change with what can and cant go in your body. im now still passing these eggs although what were once red, are now green. i cant fully believe its due

to eating

• Posted

its undigested pills i take Metformin that how that looks its not a parasite u have

• Posted

its undigested pills i take Metformin & thats how it looks like beans or pods same as his pic one of your pills isnt digesting

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.