Reddish/Orange Piece Of Poop In Diarrhea. Anyone Else Ever Have This Happen? (Photos Incld.)

Posted , 10 users are following.

WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS AHEAD

So first, let me just go ahead & apologize in advance for the gross factor- but I've now had this happen a total of 3 times in the last year. I already have appt. scheduled, but it's not for another 3wks. & I'm really stressed out over what this might be caused from..

I have had this show up in the toilet, each time was during a bout of Diarrhea, only one piece of stool looks like this- everything else looks like 'normal' diarrhea. There is no blood in my stools either, but the color of this looks like a red-orange color. I have inspected it & it has a white 'powdery' type of substance in the center. I had this happen once a few months ago, then again last night when I had diarrhea & then again tonight I had diarrhea again & it happened AGAIN. The first time it happened, I thought maybe it was just a piece of food that didn't get fully digested, but now that it's happened again (2 nights in a row) & only happening during a bout of diarrhea, I'm just getting scared & so confused. It doesn't resemble anything I've eaten, so I don't know if this is just what food can look like during part of the digestive process- OR is it a sign of something serious? I have already shown signs of IBS, which is part of the reason for the upcoming appt. in 3 weeks, but none of my research has shown anything like this as a related possibility. I also have Endometriosis, but again, I don't see any correlation there either. Anyone else experience something like this or have ANY IDEA what might cause something like this? Please, any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

did you ever found out what this turned out to be?

• Posted

what did you find out? I have the same thing going on and would like to have an idea of what it could be. I thought at first it was a gallstone, but its soft. Please let me know. Thanks!!!

• Posted

Did you figure thos out i have similar issues and have been to the doctor's a few times ,not parisitic but my stool is littered with stuff like this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.