Redness inside urethra/meatus bump

Posted , 37 users are following.

Hi, I am experiencing some on and off aggravation in my glans penis. It all started about three weeks ago when I got soap directly inside my urethra is when I noticed the annoying tingle sensation that same evening (I was overwashing for about two weeks because of paranoia) because I also had unprotected sex for less than 15 seconds with a risky woman a couple weeks before. I just had a full blood test done (4 weeks later since possible exposure) and came back negative on everything, including herpes. For awhile i was thinking balanitis because my glans was really red, which has since been reduced since use of hydrocortiszone and cococut oil, but i still get this tingle out of a warm shower and if i sit down after a few minutes. Standing and walking around is not so bad. Any physical activity it gets irritated again. I have attached a picture...please advise if you can. Two doctors said everything looks normal but that was when i was not active or irritated. It looks like the vein is popping out of my left urethra, plus redness, but no pain urinating...just pain inside my penis...not unbarable, but present...also a small bump on my leftside urethra. Help please. imageFile size is too big

3 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Next
  • Posted

• Posted

I have this also bro and yet and it goes like this rnFile size is too big

• Posted

Start a New Discussion with the Button towards the bottom of this web page, on the left side.

Post as much detail as you as well as a photo or 2 showing the condition .....

• Posted

how did this resolve, please help.

seems am.also suffering from the same issue 3 months now

• Posted

any doctors out there??

• Posted

please anyone have an opinion? is it abnormal to see a vein like structure in your urethra?

• Posted

i still think it might be an std...ugh, 3+ weeks and still irtitated from soap? doesnt make sense

• Posted

Hi jj, can I just check something out from what you say ...

• " Two doctors said everything looks normal but that was when i was not active or irritated. It looks like the vein is popping out of my left urethra, plus redness, but no pain urinating...just pain inside my penis...not unbarable, but present...also a small bump on my leftside urethra "

So, did the Doctors examine you so they could see what you are showing in the first picture you have posted?

Also, was the hydrocortiszone prescribed to you by one of the Doctor's that you have seen? If so have you continued to use it as you were directed to do, and for as long a period of time (days / weeks, etc) that you were instructed to do so? And, were you applying it inside the urethra / meatus?

• Posted

Thank you for replying!! The first doctor thought it may be mild gonorhea symptoms, but urine test came back all negative and then i asked for any relief medication and he just vaguely mentioned to try hydrocortozone 1% (with no directions on how long to use) i tried it for two days with some relief but heard steriods are not the best to use for long. I applied on the head and on meatus, not inside. Few days later I tried coconut oil all around the urethra with not much change other than moisturizing. Should i go back to hydro?

Second doctor cleared me of any possible stds after blood tests, 4 weeks after possible exposure and said i may just irritated it and it will take time to heal, nothing prescribed...

I am experiencing tingling as the main symptoms and it gets more inflammation after daily activity and i can actually feel circulation after a warm shower. Day to day stays the same with no real sign improvement. Hoping its not nerve damage. What do you think? Have you seen a normal urethra look like this? I have sent these same pics to my recent doctor and still waiting for a response, hopefully tomorrow.

• Posted

Primary doctor just referred me to a urologist, with no comment on the pictures at all...

• Posted

jj, first of all to deal with unhelpful myths about steroid ointments and creams: using 1% strength is often a short-term requirement in dealing with skin issues that would not respond to anything else.

Essentially, 3 to 15 days, almost zero risk, 1 to 5 months relatively no risk, 1+ year then you begin to talk about potential risks. I have been using a 0.5% steroid ointment for almost 8 years now - I have an incurable penile skin disorder, there is no alternative to using it ....

So what I was asking was did you use the hydrocortisone for as long, in terms of days, as you were directed to.

The only way you will get to the bottom of what is going on for you is to work together with one of the medical professionals you have already seen to find the right solution .....

• Posted

any update? I am having the same symptoms and tests results show no STIs. Thank you.

• Posted

I have this one too bro 😦. And the doctor prescribed me to use 'levofloxin' but it didn't effect and it gets worst

• Posted

having same issue as you bro,

pls how have you gone about it?

• Posted

hello bro did you and anyone find out what is this. i have wxact same issue redness and that white patch on same area as seen in this picture i also use soap on my penis a day before or same day when i got this, i have a limited exposure prior 5 months where i fingered a spa girl no oral no sex it's very unlikely that it can b std/sti as nost of people here tested neg has anyone find a cure of this or even diagonse what is this please reply here much needed help

• Posted

exposure was 2 month prior

• Posted

Hey bro, I have same problems, white areas inside the urethra/meatus, dribbling after peeing, slow stream, swollen meatus, redness around meatus.

Do you think the white areas on jj's picture could be scarring and urethral stricture?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.