Redness, swelling, tight skin and sores on penis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well, something is definitely wrong with my gear and I hope it isn’t the worst. 

I’m not circumcised and I’ve noticed a couple weeks ago the “helmet” on my penis is red along with my foreskin. The foreskin was also tight to pull back earlier this week- much better now.

It looked like a rash at first ( with the foreskin and the helmet/tip being red)  I’ve tried three different creams with no luck. Steroid cream. Ointment. And even yeast infection cream that the following morning caused me to have clear fluid tiny little pimples. 

I’ve noticed a much quicker healing process without anything and not washing anything with harsh soaps.  I’ve also noticed this morning a little bleeding on one spot where the skin is trying to heel. 

I’ve always been sensitive in this area- when I was a child my foreskin was stuck to my tip so many times from being too tight. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I recently had something similar after traveling and no soap in the airport bathrooms, and used paper towels to wipe of my penis. I also hope something isnt wrong with my gear. I’m am circumcised and I developed a rash on the helmet/tip of my penis. I have no discharge or pain when urinating and I hope it balanitis or a yeast infection... any help would be appreciated as to whether im looking at herpes or a simple balanitis or rash, and how i should proceed. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.