Redness, swelling, tight skin and sores on penis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well, something is definitely wrong with my gear and I hope it isn’t the worst. 

I’m not circumcised and I’ve noticed a couple weeks ago the “helmet” on my penis is red along with my foreskin. The foreskin was also tight to pull back earlier this week- much better now.

It looked like a rash at first ( with the foreskin and the helmet/tip being red)  I’ve tried three different creams with no luck. Steroid cream. Ointment. And even yeast infection cream that the following morning caused me to have clear fluid tiny little pimples. 

I’ve noticed a much quicker healing process without anything and not washing anything with harsh soaps.  I’ve also noticed this morning a little bleeding on one spot where the skin is trying to heel. 

I’ve always been sensitive in this area- when I was a child my foreskin was stuck to my tip so many times from being too tight. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's hard to say without seeing a pic, but it could just be balanitis.  If it is balanitis, then these links may help:

https://patient.info/health/balanitis-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/balanitis-pro  (written for doctors)

Washing (with water, no soap) daily, and taking a leak and washing after masturbation or sex will probably help, and you could also try Canesten cream or Daktarin cream.  Loose fitting cotton underwear may help, and some sites recommend washing underwear with non-biological washing powder or liquid.

Did you already see a doctor to get the steroid cream btw, and if so, what did they say?

If you want to add a pic, this should help you add images:

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402861-how-do-i-add-an-image-to-my-post

You'll probably need to use a PC or laptop rather than a phone or tablet.

• Posted

Hi- is there any way I could post a picture? 

It’s been three weeks and no my redness and swelling went away completely however I have some sort of red mark so coming back again. Please let me know. 

• Posted

Tried that link the first time you posted. It does not work. 
    • Posted

The link must have changed.  I don't know when it stopped working, but no-one has pointed it out before.  I can't find a new link, but if you log in from a PC or laptop, you should see four small boxes at the top right of where you type the text.  The one one the right should help you add images.

• Posted

I've attached a couple of images which should show how it works.

• Posted

I posted the same image twice, but here's the second one I meant to post.

• Posted

That looks like balanitis to me, but if you've had it that long, I'd consider seeing a doctor.  Personally, I'd keep trying to treat it at home first, but it's up to you.  I wouldn't be too worried about the spot you highlighted btw, and it doesn't look like herpes.  Are you on antibiotics or diabetic btw?

If you want to see a doctor, you could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.  If you could update this thread and tell us they say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

More information about balanitis from other websites:

"There are a number of over-the-counter and prescription-based topical medications available, including:

Clotrimazole (Lotrimin)

Miconazole (Monistat)

Econazole (Spectazole)

Alternatively, an oral azole medication called fluconazole (Diflucan) is effective for yeast infections.

If the topical or oral treatments don't work, make sure to see your doctor, as you may have another kind of balanitis or an infection by a Candida species resistant to azole antifungals.?"

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. 

I’m not sure what’s wrong with it but I recall since I was a child having a very very tight foreskin. 

Lately, after I’ve had sex it becomes irritated and it helps if I put cream on it. Not sure what it is. Comes and goes. 

• Posted

This is the strangest thing ever- its so phantom. By the time i set up an appointment to see the doctor, its typically gone.

Here it is again- probably will be gone in two days.

• Posted

Balanitis can come and go in a few days, so I suspect it's probably just that.  If you just have some Canesten cream ready to treat it, that would probably make it clear up quicker, and the other things I suggested might make it less likely to come back.  I usually used to go to sleep after sex late at night, but have changed to get up and take a leak and have a wash, and I've never had it since.

• Posted

Welp- back again! Months of clear and free and I noticed if I'm not regimentally cleaning myself, i get this:

Second pic is the same spot- just yesterday

And of course the redness-

• Posted

No, I did not see a doctor. I used Canestan but I’m not sure how much it has helped me. After I applied Canestan, the following morning I developed these tiny small clear bumps/pimples that went away shortly. 

I hope to Jesus it’s not Herpes! I thought it was Balantia because of the skin being tight.  The redness/rash on the foreskin was also of balantis like appearance and it was also on the head of it, too. 

I’ll send pics 

• Posted

Slim chance you're still around, but did you ever get tested for herpes or see a doctor regarding balanitis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.