Referral Waiting Game

Posted , 8 users are following.

Got letter from GP on Friday last week saying my referral is urgent and will have appointment by 2nd November. If I didn't receive my appointment by then to call, no appointment arrived so I called the hospital to be told my referral had been marked urgent but there are no appointments available. They say routine appointments are currently 22 weeks so mine will be sooner but they couldn't advice any further. So back to playing a waiting game trying to manage the pain on a daily basis.

Sorry for the rant guys

Debs

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What country are you in freestone?
    • Posted

Freestork....sorry
    • Posted

Hi Debs,

Can you just to A & E and wait, done quite often here.

• Posted

Wouldn't work here am afraid would be told to go home and wait for appointment

• Posted

While still in EU is abroad an option. Lots of Irish travel abroad for surgery, have to pay, but a fraction of the cost.
  • Posted

Hi Debs

What area are you from im in Bury near manchester i first visited my GP in april this year had my first visit with my surgeon in may and had my tkr on the first of September i can only imagine the waiting times vary massively in different parts of the country i must have been lucky i hope you get some good news soon .

• Posted

Hi Debs

Did you ask to be referred to the guy i told you about last time.

• Posted

Spoke to my GP Johnny but it's a no go due to not being in the area

• Posted

Thats a shame i cant believe the waiting lists in your area its shocking hope you hear soon .
  • Posted

Rant away.  Can't much blame you.  I know I have a left and right shoulder rotator cup tears and couldn't get back with the doctor to schedule surgery until the middle of December.  So I understand.  Thas actually a lot shorter wait then you.  Hope they move it along for you soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.