Reflux

Posted , 15 users are following.

I've been suffering from reflux for the last month. The doctor put me on RAnitidine and OMeprasol but these aren't working. The reflux gets worse and for longer periods because my ordophagus is so sore. I've been back to the doctor ( seen two, in fact) but he doesn't want to change the medication. I was in such pain on holiday we had to call a doctor and she couldn't think of anything else. Last week I  had heartburn for nearly two days, had to sit up for two nights and all the doc said was to take co codamol! I have cut out all possible triggers and surviving on porridge, sandwiches and ice cream because I am terrified of the heartburn returning, but still feel pain from my oesophagus . Can anyone help please?

3 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

it is a good idea to identify the cause of Acid Reflux. there are about 8 or 9 possible causes: eating too fast, drinking a lot of fluid with the meal or low production of HCL, among them. ones you know the cause, it is easy to find a natural treatment. sometime it could be as simple as chewing your food thoroughly

be careful, make sure to identify the cause!!! Do not take acid suppressing medication for more then its recommended on the label! The drugs are not free of side effect!!

• Posted

hi I'm new here. I'd like sharing my experienced. I'm a college student  from the Philippines I had  same condition too after weeks of medication I get better. But soon after I feel  bored eating same food being prescribed to me by a doctor, so I tried eating food I used to eat let us say junks like juices, icecream,fried ,etc.. my acid level increases again and I really feel bad and I regret it everytime I'm in pain. Now a realize healthy diet is a must and shouldn't be neglected. And also you must be aware of the food you eat that's all and God bless you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.