Reflux

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi guys ive had acid reflux for 20 years but past couple of days inbetween my breast bone hurts and is tender. I know my reflux is playing up at the moment but does anybody else get this feeling xx

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry to hear bout ur situation. I have been on ppis 30mg daily for the past 6years. I have been diagnosed last 2015 with a large hiatal hernia. gastritis and mild esophagitis. My acid is always the silent one, sometimes the burning shoots up to my throat. I have chest pains, rib pains, shoulder pains, arms and back pains, and tinnitus which i believe are due to the acid reflux. Just cant keep off these ppis . I think we are having the same symptoms as to the pains we experience. What medications do u take?
    • Posted

I take 30mg of lanzparazol a day double up if its bad and peptac medicine. I have all the pains that you have to but didnt connect it to acid feflux xx
    • Posted

so how long have u been on lansoprazole ? i believe the pains we are having are due to acid burning our esophagus and the pains radiate elsewhere. have u had an upper gi endoscopy?
    • Posted

i think we just have to live with our situation. for me, i just try my best to be careful with the foods i take so as not to trigger the acid. i wish u can cope and get over the agonies u have gone through.
    • Posted

Most of the time I feel like i am on a boat when i walk, feels like am being dragged to the side. My ear rings 24/7 and have a harshed voice during the morning. I still take 30mg lansoprazole each day coz missing it is horrible. A little bend over and i catch my breath right after. This acid reflux is the culprit and some doctors just dont agree.
    • Posted

Do you get random sharp pains in your abdomen after eating. Mine will literally be anywhere in my abdomen (from right under my ribs to just above my hip bone to my upper back -bra strap area) and lasts for seconds at a time. Feels like a quick sharp stab. Can’t tell if it’s GERD or gas. 🤷🏼???

• Posted

oh yes charcey...those sharp pains add to anxiety mostly after eating. pains felt in the shoulders, mid-chest, mid abdomen, behind the ribs extending to the back. burping sometimes relieves me but bending over really makes me catch my breath. its not a normal life anymore. always feeling sick n tired.
  • Posted

Hi Karen

I too experience the pain in between my breast, I also get pain in the upper chest area which is also tender, I was told by my GP that it was costochondritis (if that’s correct spelling) my acid reflux is really getting my down right now, I’m currently on peptac, ranitidine & esomeprozole.

I’m feeling very tired, unmotivated & just generally ill, I am also a anxiety sufferer which contributes.. who knew reflux could cause so many problems!

Hope you get your chest pain sorted x

• Posted

Hi sheryl you sound just like me i also suffer with severe health anxiety and in menapause so feel totally crap at the moment xx
  • Posted

Hi Karen yes I get that in fact I've got it right now inflamed Gullet wee the acid as been coming up 

• Posted

Hi Karen, I too have suffered with gerd and hiatus hernia for over 20years been on 40mlg of omeprazol for probably 15 years I also take Ranitidine when the symptoms are bad and gaviscon advance. I'm suffering atm terribly, also I'm a sufferer of health anxiety, over the last 12 months gone through terrible stress, I believe a lot of our symptoms are also related to stress, have all the symptoms you've described it's horrible isn't it, I'm seeing my gastro consultant on the 25th Sept I really would like to get off ppi's as I'm concerned of the side effects that come with them, Hope you get some relief soon regards Jo xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.