Refused councelling

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I'm 30 year's old and have suffered depression for the last 20 years..I had councelling and CPT but i didn't think it helped and i often felt ripped off! recently i went to see 'relate councelling' the therapist said to me because i had 6 year's of therapy it dosen;t seem to work and that i should just accept my condition..How can I do this..constantly feeling sorry for myself and tearful..i was soooo upset afterwards.

I don't want to take antidepressants..it makes me feel suicidal but i don't know what to do...my gp is not very good

Tezi x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Hans

Dont worry I understand i feel the same

For me i blame myself for people hurting me..

I dont understand this world

I'm tired of fighting it too

I feel like a ghost sometimes

Tezi x

• Posted

I have felt that feeling and know it so so well - when will this go away, I can't fight this anymore, I don't feel down I'm just tired, worn out, had enough of fighting this strange feeling all of the time. Nerves in my stomagh, why? I've got nothing to be worried about - a wonderful husband, 3 beautiful daughters a perfect life with no money worries and I am so happy so why do I feel like this??? If it wasn't for my beautiful family don't think I would have carrried on fighting.

I have suffered from anxiety for almost 5 years now. Please try psychodynamic therapy, although i am still on antidepressants these didn't work, neither did cognitive behaviour therapy. Psychodynamic therapy allowed me to remember and re-live suppressed memories and feel emotions deep down from childhood and adolesence that were causing my anxiety in the present day. It sounds really complicated but it makes so much sense to me now. I was in therapy for a year.

It worked for me thank god. It may be worth a try. with love

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.