Refused P.I.P despite my condition and illnesses

Posted , 7 users are following.

Received the letter yesterday not elidgable for P.I.P, I am currently on E.S.A and in the support group, i suffer from Lupus SLE, Rheumatoid Arthritus, Osteophorosis, severe Mitral valve steniosis

mitral valve regurgitation irregular heart beat that misses a beat or runs to fast because of the strain on my heart which then causes me to black out i have had my heart stopped and restarted again on a few occassions i cant walk far cant go up a flight of stairs without resting half way due to breathlessness and sometimes i am unable to breath properly, yet they tell me they(the dwp) have decided i can walk more than two hundred metres run up a flight of stairs with ease attend to various tasks in the house cooking cleaning meal preperation and so on and so on , i am able to budget plan my journeys speak to other people and do not get flustered in a group situation and yes i agree i can budget i can speak to people and no being part of a group do not fluster me. theres nothing wrong with my mental health and as for holding a conversation yes i can do that as well do they expect you to be in a state of vegitation because you apply for this benefit as for the other things i can do that this lady has decided yes i can do them she is amazing she knows more about me than i do and if i could do all of these things she has decided i can do, i wouldnt have applied for the benefit. who do these people think they are when they are telling you and i quote "i have decided that you can" do this that or the other oh has she really so how come last week i was stranded in my bathroom unable to walk down the stairs or even move a muscle untill my husband came home she wouldnt have been so adamant in her decissions on that day. I find it very frustrating that no one knows your illnesses or conditions better than yourself yet you have these people who are not medically trained telling you they have decided you can do it. i would love to see her complete some of the tasks she is so adament i can do when she is racked with pain from head to toe unable to open her hands and grab anything and when her legs just simply wont walk and then to top it all the length of time it takes to get going your heart is under severe strain and breathlessness takes over. i just wonder how she would manage and cope, not very well in my opinion.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am dreading my at home PIPS ASSESSMENT on the 6th Jan. The last one was back in May and I was awarded 2 years due to Fibromyalgia with panic attacks , I have had for 8 years and frozen shoulder for 4 years. Due to a recent shoulder surgery I told them of a change of circumstance .Which means they want to reassess me. They were insisting I travelled 1 1/2 hours away from our remote village luckily my GP put a stop to that.I am praying I have a compassionate and understanding assessor walk through our door!!!!
  • Posted

well after this woman telling me she has decided i can do this that and the other for myself theres nothing wrong with my mental health which incidently was never under any question or doubt, she decided i could cook clean wah iron dress undress bathe etc etc etc, xmas eve got rushed into hospital and was allowed home on the 30/12 it now appears my kidneys are dying in parts despte the agonising pain in my lower back and stomach area i couldnt do anything as for all her decission making about me cooking preparing food etc, i never tasted a sprout a bit of turkey a bit of the old sage n onion stuffing nothing neither did my husband but i bet she had a lovely christmas, lunch with all the trimmings and never once looked back at her past decissions in which she is playing god with peoples lives never once wondered how many people she took it upon herself to decide yes they can cook yes they can manage, and yet christmas morning was probably left with no food because they couldnt go shopping no lunch with all the trimmings because they were unable to prepare the food then cook

it, so they were left with nothing whilst the big fat cats sat down without any thought or feelings to those who she decided could mange on their own/ theres a pity you cannot choke on your own words or a least a piece of turkey or a sprout.has she a concious no never just another jobs worth person thinking their ever so special playing god with peoples lives. God help us give  peson a little bit of authority qnd they think they rule the world without even knowing what the real world is all about because their heads are stuck so far up their own backsides, get them out of the offices and see what life is like in our world and if they are looking for a welcome mat they wont get one off me i can assure you, dont anyone tell me what they have decided i can do for myself until they know me they know what life is like in constant pain and they can put themselves in my shoes how dare anyone tell me what i can do for myself, without even meeting me who do these people think they are exactly some piece behind a desk a pen pusher telling me she has decided, well sweetie i have decided i will take this as far as i need to go even if it is as far as the europeon court of human rights

my body and its parts might be not working but my brain and my mouth is.

• Posted

Hi Kay I understand your anger and I agree with you.  I would just point out though this this woman you saw is not a 'big fat cat'  If she was she wouldn't be doing the interviews and working on the front line.  The fat cats are the ones who hide behind other people so you can't get to them,  and they are the ones who are out of touch with ordinary life and ordinary people.  

Direct your anger towards the right people.  I wish you luck.  x

• Posted

unfortunatly, they don't award anyone PIP on there ilneses, they award them on the cost and impact your illnes efects you on a day to day bases. did you have consultant leters underpining your claim. from the moment they see you in the waiting room, they see how you are effected.  a mobile phone, that implies you can use a computer. are you sat on a normal chaire, that implies you can sit down and use a computer, therefor you are fit . PIP is given on how much care you ned, any equipment you ned to use, social s services asesment. can you dres yourself, can you wash your self, or do you ned someone else to assist you, do you whear make up and wash and smel nice for the asesment, sory they use this as yes you can lok after yourself as you are consious of your looks ( do not whear any make up ), do you have any aids to help you walk ,asist you, does your medication efect your daily life, you may ned to have a special diet as your meds can have side efects. do you have a carer/ a friend or family member who help you with your day to day car, washing, dresing, and promting you.wright next step for you is to apeal, ask for a mandantry reconcideration, by ben turned down for PIP this could have an efect on you esa, for instance if your in the suport group, they could go of the evidence from your PIP and put you into a working group. ring your jobcentre first thing and ask them to send you the report form the aseser has writen. a mandentry reconcideration has no tim limit for when you wil get your chance to provid evidence and to give an acount of how your illnes efects your day to day, if it varies then say so, remeber it is whaether or not you can do a task safley, and without pain. make an apointment at your gp and ask for a writen statment ( no garente you'l get this, but worth a try) if you havent any evidence, then write down your last apoint ment with a consultent and the department they are in , ring the secretary and ask for the report on your condition. finly god luck.
    • Posted

Thanks David so much your advice is very much appreciated and certainly i will follow thank you take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.