Regarding my PIP claim

Posted , 8 users are following.

l made a claim for PIP as l was sent a letter to say my DLA is ending and l sent in the PIP claim form 5 weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing as of yet and the questions are how long before they send some type of correspondence?? to say what is happening as l thought some type of letter would have been sent before now.

0 likes, 116 replies

116 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well the wait goes on and on as it will be 9 weeks come the weekend and still no correspondence from anybody sadly.frown
    • Posted

Oh dear the stress of waiting must be getting you down.  Just a thought, I wonder if they have written to you, but the letter has gone astray.  x
    • Posted

Yes l have my beloved  family who are supporting me immensely through some very difficult moments as yes the stress is utterly dreadful as most of you know yourselves.

l have no clue as to if they have written to me sukes and l have no intention of phoning them up to find out as if it is bad news which l think one has to automatically think the worst case scenario instead of the best case scenario then l would rather find that out with the dreaded brown envelope or white envelope if l have to have a assessment.

• Posted

Just received a letter from ATOS Healthcare saying we have arranged a home visit consultation for the first week of April.
    • Posted

At last!  Fingers crossed for a good assessment. 
    • Posted

My carer will be with me and will explain everything along with me but as we know they wiil write what they want no matter what one says so my hopes ain't that high as one has to expect the worst case scenario and anything better would be a bonus sukes. 

• Posted

Glad you can a letter finally. The part about them writing what they want no matter what isn't always true though. For me everything that was written was 100% true and it was exactly as i told it. There's plenty of other good stories too tho i'ts just we don't hear about them obviously.

A better frame of mind about the whole process may help you though, sorry. When someone sounds negative about something it may not be a good thing. Just keep calm on the day and don't just answer those questions with a yes or no. Explain everything in as much detail as possible. Good luck.

• Posted

Denise i agree, my hubby had his assesment last on Tuesday, the lady was very nice and spent 1hr 20 mins asking questions.  We do just hope we have an honest one and they write down what you said.  He went in on his oewn, he prefered it this way as he gets more flustered with someone else sitting there. All you can do is your best, give as much detail as possible and do things like wear slip on shoes,he wore his shirt that does up with poppers instead of buttons too, she did ask about these things so glad he did. He has rhematoid athritis. Yes it would be nice to hear some more positive stories i agree.  Ill let everyone know when he gets his results.    
    • Posted

l will tell them everything Denise and will try to remain positive but previous experiences in the last 17 years have not been good including 17 years ago when the doctor said l was fit for work and called me a malingerer and of course 2 months later l was in IC fighting for my life so that itselfs on its own you never forget about but l will be positive and explain as much as l can on the day to he or she.
    • Posted

I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Remember, think before you answer, incase they try to trip you up. Ask them if you will be able to get a copy of your report.

Trust it will go well for you

• Posted

Thanks Beatifulme as yes l will  most certainly think before l answer as l will certainly not be saying yes or no to any of their questions.
  • Posted

Just another question and that is how much of a part can my carer play in the home assessment?. other then being there.
    • Posted

I would think it's fine for them to add things or remind you if there's something you've forgotten.

• Posted

My hubby and carer came with me and participated quite a bit, in fact he was encouraged to do so by the assessor.  
    • Posted

Would it be wise for me to put the main points of the PIP from on a peice of paper for myself or is that unwise?.
    • Posted

Mine is amazingly a home assessment Sukes as l requested one without  a GP's letter and got one.

• Posted

You can take note of the descriptors that apply to you yes. There's nothing saying you can't have reminder notes with you whether it's a home assessment or at a centre. The only difference with a home assessment is it's in your own home, everything else is the same.

• Posted

l am putting all the relevant information on a A4 peice of paper  as when they ask the questions l can remind myself of what l stated in the PIP form as its hard to remember it all else..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.