Regarding my PIP claim

Posted , 8 users are following.

l made a claim for PIP as l was sent a letter to say my DLA is ending and l sent in the PIP claim form 5 weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing as of yet and the questions are how long before they send some type of correspondence?? to say what is happening as l thought some type of letter would have been sent before now.

0 likes, 116 replies

116 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

l have a  Neck Support Cushion which l use because of my back and neck condition and the question is do l use it in my home assessment?.
    • Posted

As your assessment is at home Belgravia, I can't see any problem in using it.  At my assessment, which was in a centre, not at home, the Doctor (assessor) actually fetched me a pillow to sit on as she said herself the chair was most uncomfortable and she could see how much I was hurting. x

• Posted

Another question Sukes as how much can my carer speak up on certain issues  for me? or do l have explain everything my self. 
    • Posted

As already stated previously i can't see why your carer can't speak for you to remind you of things if you tend to forget. If the assessor doesn't like it then i'm sure they'll say so but i've heard of many people speaking up for others.

• Posted

I agree with Sukes i can't see any problem. Just do what you normally do, so if you use any walking aids/wheelchairs then use them. Also when answering the questions but sure not to answer with just a yes or no. Explain things in detail, if you can't do something or experience pain while doing so then tell them. Any extra evidence you have give it to them. Don't forget they will ask for proof of ID when they arrive, so have this ready.

• Posted

As all my medical evidence which is a fair bundle of information l have written all the main points and how the descripters apply to me down  on a A4 piece of paper as if they  asks why  l will simply tell them my memory is poor so l need to write it down to rejog my memory.
    • Posted

Yes l certainly won't be answering yes or no to any question and yes l have found 2 more bits of evidence which my carer will be printing a copy for them and as for the ID its all ready for them Denise..

• Posted

I personally think it is better if you can explain yourself, having said that, my hubby was encouraged to talk when he butted in a few times just to clarify some point that I had forgotten or made light of.   She also asked him at the end, if there was anything else he could add. 
    • Posted

Yes now thinking about it now that is likely to be the approach l take sukes.
  • Posted

Home assessment tomorrow so very nervous as to what the assessor will be like.

They have plenty of medical evidence but l have found one more thing which is 4 years old but it is the best imformation about one of my conditions and the question is is it still relevant 4 years later? to the assessors?.

• Posted

No it's not, evidence must be within the last 2 years. Good luck for tomorrow.

• Posted

Amazing though really on evidence as they seem to move the goalposts when it suits them Denise.

Thanks for your support on tomorrows assessment.

• Posted

Only reason i knew was last year at my review it clearly stated on the letter i was sent with the review form that evidence must be within the last 2 years. Since then i've heard a lot of people saying the same.

• Posted

So what about people who have not seen their consultant for 5 years plus and yet their condition remains the same as it was 5 , 10 years ago.

Yet another obstacle put in the way sadly Denise IMO by the DWP.

• Posted

Exactly belgravia, my hubby is in this very situation, all his reports from consultants many many years ago.  Most peoples conditions dont get better they get worse in most circumstances.. As ive said before i feel for those who not only lose their DLA, dont get PIP but lose their cars as well and by now in their late 50s as well. So its lose your car, no money but hey get to job seekers and start job hunting, of you dont your left with nothing and sanctioned of what little benefits you do get for not obeying the rules !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.