regrowth of eyelashes

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am fortunate to have just found this forum and Lynda's wet ones cure for blepharitis. I have had it for a year now. My eye Dr. had me doing the typical warm compresses and cleaning my lids. He told me there was no cure. I can;t wait to prove him wrong! I am on day 4 now and hoping I have better days ahead. I have had cycles of losing my eyelashes and then having them regrow this past year. I read somewhere on this board about eyelashes regrowing in different spots. I believe this to be my case. I have a batch of lashes in my inner eye corner which are "off" and act like a visor, making my vision off. Has anyone experienced this? I don't know if I should pluck them? Would it make things worse?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Eyelashes seem to be a girl thing. I just wanted to stop the discomfort.

Vanity can take a back seat

• Posted

You are misunderstanding me. This is not about vanity, or being a "girl" thing. This is an actual problem causing my vision to be obstructed. I have seen someone else mention this, but can't find their post again. Obviously ,you are of no help .
  • Posted

Dear Maxine,

Yes, Jill on this site said her lashes grew back in and Sandra said her too.

I hope the wipes work for you as long as you are not allergic to the items mentioned in the posts.

Wish you well,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Lynda.thank you for replying. smile. I am on day seven now.right eye seems great.left still teary and feels like I still have some little pieces of god knows what in my inner eye corner. Still doing my wipes.thank you.my right eye vision is a little cloudy.I am not sure if its from eyelashes going down into my eye or could this be an allergic reaction? I have no clue if I am allergic to lanolin. Its not awful.I dont want to stop. I just want to cure this once and for all.
    • Posted

Do you remember if jill and sandras lashes grew back in the correct spots? Or did they grow back in different spots? i have a hunch that this has happened to me in my left upper, inner lid area .some things not right. My vision is weird because of it.I have had my eyes checked before and the dr.said my vision was great.
  • Posted

Dear Maxine,

Jill told me her lashes grew back and she got compliments on them. So I take it they all grew back. My husband said his vision was affected and after he started using the wipes he could see so much better. Some have an oily vision problem too. Check Honjon's info on this site as that was his problem.

See how you do in a couple of days, unless you feel you are allergic to something in them. I would think it would happen right away.

Many have mentioned that they feel like something is in their eye. I just had a terrible itching and for only about 6 months before I started killing it.

Hope this info helps,

Lynda

• Posted

Thank you so much, Lynda, for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it.  Your husband had bleharitis,too? Out of curiosity, do you know if it's contagious? This is random, but my dog has had a skin issue this past year(staph infection). Same time as I have had bleph. I wonder if I can make a connection? More importantly, I wonder if I can use the wipes on him? sigh.. Anyways, I will search Honjons posts . I am going to keep at it with the wipes. I'll follow up in a couple more days. You are amazing for helping us all. xo
    • Posted

Dear Maxine,

Sandra, as I mentioned, had a friend or relative that used the wipes on her dog as nothing else worked and saved him from being put to sleep. It made me lol.

I was not the person who discovered the ingredient that killed it. It was my daughter's mother-in-law. Give credit where it is due.

I do know that I infected my other eye myself with an eyewash glass. Dumb dumb me. From that, I would say it can be passed on but by contact. If you put your hands in your eyes then touch someone else in their eye perhaps it could infect them.

I appreciate someone who helped me so want to pass it on. Hope others will do the same.

Lynda

• Posted

Hi, Lynda

It's been two weeks since I began using the wipes.My eyes are less red, but stll itch at times. I want to continue the process, but my eye area(upper and lower) is becoming extremely dry, tight and wrinkly. So now I have a new problem. I use moisturizer, but it's not helping much. I am not sure if I should go on. Another couple of months like this will not be good for the skin around my eyes.a ny suggestions? 

• Posted

Dear Maxine,

Are you using a small section of wipe and the US ones? You can use them and wait 10 minutes and then rinse off. I used them just on the lash area and not a lot on the skin. Cut down on the times you use them.

You can try tea tree oil too as it kills staph too.

Sorry you are having problems.

Lynda79

• Posted

Yes, I am in the US. I cut each wipe into 8's. I'll try rinsing it off as you suggest. Thank you for writing back smile 
    • Posted

Hi,  Lynda

3 weeks using the wipes now. Might be working a little? Should I not expect much until a few months pass?  I had a horrible morning and was surfing the researching blepharitis...I could feel that my glands were clogged. My eye was extremely sensitive to light. I came across someone mentioning tea tree oil on their lids for 6 weeks and got rid of it.  .  I decided to try it. Woah! It burned so bad! I am going back to the wipes. Both are anti bacterial and do the same job, right?

• Posted

Hello - this is Jill - just wanted to say that I continue to be grateful for Lynda's post and crusade to share the news about the potential help that the Wet Ones wipes can offer.  Bless you Lynda - I am serious when I say she is in my prayers as this has been truly life changing for me.  I had blepharitis for 20-ish years with only moderate improvements - never really went away with an eye doctor recommended protocol (tobradex - eye washes). My eyes and eye lashes are doing well.  My lashes have grown back for the most part in the normal fashion - facing out -nothing ingrown.  I do not wipe my lash line 100% of all days with the wet ones - if I notice that they are seeming troubled I will be more diligent and wipe the lash line morning and night.  I have to say that my inflamation issues seem to result in a flaky scalp - I use an anti-dandruff shampoo (Head & Shoulders Clinical strength - for sale at most drug stores, Target, grocery in the US) and I think this helps as well.  Last improving my diet - I am not celiac but I know everything is better for me if I keep gluten and processed food to a minimum.  Lots of fresh fruits/vegetables, nuts, and just being reasonable - if it is not good for me I try and be quite minimal with it.  

I pray that your lash line cooperates and you can find relief  - that sound incredibly frustrating.   

Best to you!  Jill 

• Posted

Thank you, Jill, for writing. 2 weeks in to using the wipes now.  My eyes are less red. They tend to water more from using the wipes,though. I want to continue w/ the process ,but am not sure ?my eye area is becoming super dry, tight and wrinkly from using them. This concerns me. I use moisturizer, but it's to helping much. 
    • Posted

Jill,

You have given me hope and I just pray I can get rid of this blepharitis.  My whole family has it?!  3 kids, ages 15, 13, an 10.  I started using the wet ones and have improved.  3 weeks now.  How many times did you use them and for how many weeks?  I know Lynda said 3 months.  I still have a lot of symptoms so will keep using.  Now I think will start my kids and husband b/c their symptoms increasing.  Unfortunately, we all have eyelash loss.  Are your eyelashes back to normal?  Has the blepharitis returned?  If so, what did you do?

Thanks so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.