regrowth of eyelashes

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am fortunate to have just found this forum and Lynda's wet ones cure for blepharitis. I have had it for a year now. My eye Dr. had me doing the typical warm compresses and cleaning my lids. He told me there was no cure. I can;t wait to prove him wrong! I am on day 4 now and hoping I have better days ahead. I have had cycles of losing my eyelashes and then having them regrow this past year. I read somewhere on this board about eyelashes regrowing in different spots. I believe this to be my case. I have a batch of lashes in my inner eye corner which are "off" and act like a visor, making my vision off. Has anyone experienced this? I don't know if I should pluck them? Would it make things worse?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just an update on my situation. I am still using the wet ones a few times a day. they are not helping too much. I woke up today with the semsation of many foreign bodies being lodged in the inner corner of my eye. My eye looks really glassy. My vision is affected. I believe I have posterior bleph, clogged glands inside my eyes. I am going crazy with this. It effects my vision and quaity of life. Has anybody found something to help for posterior bleph inside the eye? Please!!!!
  • Posted

Maxine - so sorry you are having all this trouble.  I have trouble with my eyelashes growing underneath and I have to keep these pulled out.  They would make you feel like you had something in your eyes.  i hardly have any lashes left on the top either.  The lashes that grow underneath causes infections, so keep those pulled out.  The plugged gland would be on your lash line.  You have to use the warm compresses several times a day and then do a massage by pulling the lid taut and sliding your finger across there.  Do this several times.  You can even look this up on the internet and it will show you how this is done.  They say that the gland is like a tube of toothpaste.  you have to soften it with the warmth but then do the exercise to express the oils in the gland.  This is what causes blurry vision when these are stopped up.  You may have already tried allt his. 
    • Posted

I used to pluck out my eyelashes on my upper lid , in my inner eye corner. I did get some relief from doing this. But as they grew back, they became a burden again. I thought I was making it worse by plucking them? I was going to pluck them tonight but really can;t see which ones are the lower ones? Do you do this yourself or go to the Dr. to have it done? Thank you again for posting. Warm compresses and massage are what helps you? Have you tried anything else?
    • Posted

Maxine - I pluck any eyelashes that are bothering me or that I can see might bother me.  When I go for my check ever 6 months, then the doctor pulls any he sees.  As I said, when they rub your eye, this can cause infection and you should pull them on out.  Yes, I do the warm compresses. I do a warm cloth in the morning and then during the day I use one of those eye masks - you can buy at Wal-Mart - and I like that.  After any warm compress, you should always massage.  From the inner corner to the outside.  You should hold it taut with the opposite hand (forefinger) and then stroke fairly firm across the eyelash line with the other hand.  Same with the other eye.  You should go across the lashline several times.  Maybe three or four times.  My doctor gives me a steriod drop called Tobredex and I use it once a month for seven days in a row.  I also have antibiotic ointments that I put in my eye at bedtime.  Tobredex is a prescription.   The wipes I use when I see the scaling is called Ocuwash and they are OTC at Wal-Mart,.  Hope all this helps.
  • Posted

Margaret85850, Thank you so much for all your advice! Funny you mentioned massage. I hadn't tried until this morning when I was at wits end. I held a warm washcloth over my lid for a few minutes, gently massing my lid. Afterwards it felt a bit better and seemed like I dislodged some full glands. I will try your suggestion by massaging my lid while it is taut. Should I be going from inner to outer or vice versa? Anyways, after that I dabbed tee tree oil on my lash line. Boy oh boy did it burn! I might stick with the wipes , massage and warm compresses. Thank you very much for your help!
  • Posted

What I did was that I plucked such lashes and after was applying a conditioner on them (Cherish Lash). After some time they grew again but in a correct direction! My friends did the same when they had this problem. And how did your story go? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.