Regular Migraine auras

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there, I’m new to this forum but am desperate to find help. I have my first child 9 Months ago and for the first time in my life started getting migraine auras. I don’t get the usual

Pain after just 20-30 Mins or aura which is terrifying. 

I recently saw a neurologist who has sent me for an mri but says it sounds like migraine. As I am new to this I am Trying to find a treatment to reduce the frequency at which they are occurring. I found some information on vitamin b2 as well as a

Daily aspirin. Has anyone had success reducing the frequency and if so how? Also is there anyone else that has had migraines start later on in life? I am 30 years old. 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I get the very same migraines and yes they can be scary. I have had great success with magnesium which I spray on my body, it’s has stopped the severity and reduced the frequency . Best results by far. I don’t suffer too much from the headache.
    • Posted

Great, what brand do you use and where can I purchase it? Thank you
  • Posted

Hi Lizzie,

Yes, first time you get any of these migraines, whatever kind they are, they are scarey!

I am surprised the neurologist didnt give you a management plan, with medication to controle the migraines.

One of the best meds to deal with the pain is sumatriptan, they do an epipen injection which works very fast, but also available in tablet and a nasal spray too.

If you feel sick with the migraine, your GP can give you meds to control the sickness,

There are many other meds too that can help prevent the migraines, but see what you think to the sumatriptan.

good luck and best wishes.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care

• Posted

No I don’t take meds. I prefer natural. Drugs have way too many side effects. Magnesium is amazing. Had them for 20 years so I stay with what I am doing.
    • Posted

I am glad you found something that works for you.  I agree that natural remedies are best if they can help.  I was just talking regarding Lizzie's post, I was surprised that the neurologist hadnt given her a management plan of some sort.

• Posted

I think she’s waiting for the mri results before we start a plan. She’s asked me to start propanolol in the mean time but I was hesitant to start medication just yet. I don’t actuallt suffer from the pain of a migraine just the aura. 
    • Posted

Ah!  Good luck with the MRI results then and I am pleased you dont get any pain with your migraines, this is a bonus for you.  Of course you need to find answers and the neurologist will help with this I am sure Lizzie.

Good luck with everything and best wishes

Let us know how you get on Take care

• Posted

Have you heard of people taking one aspirin a day to help reduce the frequency of migraine with aura? I am interested to see if this could help me 
  • Posted

Lizzie, I get the auras but no headache.  It is so weird. I get about 20 minutes of the crazy eye stuff, but never a headache after.  this started about 4 years ago, and I am 62.

Oddly these auras seem to only come seasonally. Usually in Sept/Oct and then again in Apr/May.

I though get sometimes else that the doctors like might me some kind of migraine.   

My face fills pressure.  From my forehead down past my cheeks.  My left nose and ear plug, and I am all off balance.  This is a daily event that has taken over my life. Gives me anxiety.  You never know when it will start but oddly it seems to come on  about 3pm.

Neuro wanted me to start botox.  He thinks it is some kind of silent migraine.  Just not sure about that.

• Posted

Seasonal, that’s interesting! I’ve had these since may this year but were the worst in November. 

Do you take any medication to treat them? 

• Posted

I have the same. The aura is always with me some days more than others. The brain fog . dizziness. Vestibular migraine
    • Posted

I do not. I guess because they are seasonal.  I just complain hahaha

Neuro think the face thing is some type of migraine, but I have trouble with that.  I never get a headache

• Posted

Do you get the facial pressure thing.   And the off balance feeling?    It is taking over my life.  I have had this for about  a good 4 years everyday.   It sometimes starts around 8 am   or then again around 3pm.   just so weird.    Neuro thinks some kind of migraine.  I will not take medications.  Taking something when they really do not know just does not make sense.   I went for a consul for botox, but just can not make up my mind.  Seems gross to me.
  • Posted

I was just diagnosed with migraines. I am 54. I am on 10mg Amitriptyline, 400 mg magnesium and 200 mg b2. Frequency is still about once a week but severity isn't always as bad . Maybe a 3 on a scale of 1-10

• Posted

Do you think the magnesium and b2 are helping? I am also taking these and am hoping to get results 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.