Relapse

Posted , 4 users are following.

So it's nearly 2.00am. I started drinking at 9. Had a bottle of wine after only 2 day binge in 6 months. 2 months ago. So I'd like to tell you how I feel :-)(

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. I'm really sorry if I offended anyone ystd, it certainly wasn't my intention. Tim is right and thanks for pointing this out. We all just want to find a way to control our drinking and it's different for everyone. I'm not drinking today and hope I don't this evening. Feeling okayish. A bit down but that's the after effects of alcohol. At least it didn't end up a very long binge, just 3 bottles in 2 days. So much happier when I don't drink . Thanks for everyone's help on here :-)
  • Posted

Hi. It's me again. Have managed not to drink today and won't. Much happier when I'm not drinking but sometimes we make mistakes! I'm not looking for attention btw, just basically want to be prepared if this happens again tho hoping it won't. I don't like what alcohol does to me. Like obviously the blackouts, my health etc. but after a day and evening and 3 bottles of wine I hate the little things like depression, anxiety and looking several years older and so so tired. I want to take nalmefene so that it won't happen again. Naltrexone I have but you have to take it everyday( which I did last year for a few months.) Just want to take a tablet when I feel the urge to drink again. I'm doing ok compared to last few years, 2 slip ups in 6 months. Anyway thanks to you all and take care :-)
  • Posted

One day at a time!! You did well today, focus on the good feeling from NOT drinking. And wake up tomorrow, NOT looking old and haggard, and feeling crap, but stronger, and healthier, and keep on that path. Wishing you well xx
    • Posted

Thanks so much for that Olivo, means a lot :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.