Relief for foot neuropathy (not drugs)

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have adverse side effects to drugs. I tried Lyrica for 2 months and my system could not tolerate it. I have many drug allergies.

Can anyone recommend a topical treatment and a vitamin supplement that has helped you?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Maryann,

I found topical works better for me I use cbd with thc cream then I put socks on and that helps so i can sleep. look into Alpha lipoic acid it's antioxidant . unfortunately lyica, gabapentin amitriptyline they all have so many side effects actually gabapentin put me in the emergency room. I have sciatic nerve damage from hip revision surgery probably the worse pain also use Epson salt in the bath water water not hot. hope you find what works for you and you get some relief.

Jackie

• Posted

That is interesting.

What is cbd with thc cream? I have heard of cbd but not thc.

Is it okay to take Alpha lipoic acid if you are on other medication? I have to take thyroxine every day.

• Posted

Thanks so much, Jackie. May I ask where i can purchase the cbd cream with THC? Thank you.

• Posted

Hi Martann,

I live in San Diego CA not sure where you are I know you can get this online the THC is very low like 1% cbd 100 mg . I actually went and talked to someone and she guided me on what would be best for me . Also check this its called out back its roll on for nerve pain and you can also get this on amazon . hope that helps

Take care

Jackie

• Posted

Hi Jackie,

Sorry to bother you again. I live in New Jersey. Did you purchase the 100 mg CBD 1% THC cream on Amazon? Please let me know. Thanks!

• Posted

Maryann,

no problem I actually purchased the cream from desprencery , I do believe you can buy on- line. check out

Out Back pain relief roll-on my daughter got that for me and that helps with nerve pain

Jackie

• Posted

I didn't find any topical creams helpful and you shouldn't need vitamin supplements unless you have a deficiency. A balanced diet should give you all the vitamins you need, The only thing that works for me is heat; perhaps try that.

• Posted

Pippa ,

I suggested creams , Everybody's different topical remedies are temporary relief . Alpha lipoic acid is antioxidant that alot of diabetes use for nerve pain . If anyone is sensitive to medication's looking for other options is best one for doesn't fit all

jackie

• Posted

I'm scheduled to have a ultrasound on my legs and feet next month to see if there's enough blood flow to them !

I'll let everyone know the results !

• Posted

I've been researching P N and in Canada they have clinical trials about using other drugs to treat P N !

The most odd drug that I saw was an over the counter medicine to treat peptic ulcers may also treat P N !!

You can click on trials in Canada for the treatment of peripheral neuropathy !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.