Relieved

Posted , 7 users are following.

I experienced my 1st bout of Shingles almost 3 years ago. I was extremely stressed and once I googled my symptons, I was scared because I thought it was herpes. Went to my doc and he cultured and turns out it was the shingles. All the myths I had heard about this ailment has been debunked. I thought I was too young, WRONG, I thought it only occured once, WRONG AGAIN. I ususally have one outbreak a year now since the inital outbreak. I just wish I could get a year long prescription, therefore I wouldn't have to be calling my doc to try to get a script when I notice an onset. What filks don't understand is the quicker you start taking the meds, the faster the healing time. I'm tired of this  and won't be eligible for the shot for 8 more years.

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So sorry you are getting them frequently like that.  I hope I don't.  Just had my first experience 6 weeks ago, but my left shoulder felt like a brush burn and I had stinging and jabby pain in my left breast.  I had some nausea with some sweats and chills at times.  I didn't know what I had so after telling the doctor my symptoms she put me on an anti-viral right away after making sure my heart was okay with an EKG.  After weeks of feeling this way, I am doing so much better.  Never had a rash or blisters, thank you, Jesus!  Taking anti-virals quickly kept me from getting full blown symptoms.  Hope you don't get them anymore!
    • Posted

Janet, I ended up in the emergency room last night. Told the doctor all of my issues. Considering the fact that my colon is impacted, she thinks my immune system was compromised, hence the outbreak. Now have my anti virals
    • Posted

Sad to hear it and please get well soon.

• Posted

Glad you went to the ER to find out what was going on. Pray you feel better soon.
  • Posted

I'm going on week 8. They started me on gabapentin on week 5. The blisters are gone but the skin on my upper arm is still to tender to hardly touch and the pain is still like a 7 plus. I cannot put any lotion on because it burns. I've been noticing in the last few weeks my hand gets tingling. I'm up to 300mil. Of the medicine. I go to a new Dr.on Thurs. Any suggestions to ask the Dr. I'm tired of the pain and burning. It's interfering with my job and my sleep. Thanks everyone.
    • Posted

I m having the same sensation of tingling after the blisters are dried up. It is frustration but it has a regular activation.

I want to stay healthy with regular exercise and full supplement but I have weak sleep pattern.

Take Care Karla

• Posted

I understand you completely. Stress and so much more can cause outbreaks and I suffer from anxiety so.........
    • Posted

I hope that a new jab for Shingles Patients to stop this virus and it truly how disturbing for our lifestyles,

I have taken the jab of the current vaccination, Zostavax in 3 years back and I m still not immune to Shingles. I should say it has lessen the blisters and may turn to TCM ,

Hope to terminate the roots of this virus and have not get a right Chinese physician yet,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.