Relieved it's blepharitis!

Posted , 7 users are following.

The optician just told me I have blepharitis and I'm relieved!

These past weeks I've had blurry vision, sensitivity to light, sore gritty eyes etc and any eye make up makes it worse. In strong sunshine I was blinking like a mole. At my age you are more prone to serious eye conditions and I had aleady diagnosed myself with half of these. But not blepharitis because I thought that always came with crustyness and mine doesn't.

I'll be tweaking the diet, cleansing etc and hopefully will be able to control it some.  At least I now know what I am dealing with. Some of the alternatives were a lot worse.

PS when I find my miracle cure I'll let you know ha ha.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I wish there was a cure.  I have tried EVERYTHING!  I did not have crustyness, but now sometimes I do...I have used everything that every person on this forum has suggested. I am now putting honey on my lids...I use baby shampoo to cleanse them. I put hot compresses on my eyes...I use Wet Ones to wipe my eyes....These are all the things that people have recommended.  So far, I still suffer...OMG!!!! 
    • Posted

I have some Activon medical grade Manuka honey. I'll try that and report back.

• Posted

hi.

do you try tea tree oil?

i tried everything.just this help me

• Posted

I, like you, wear eye make-up and that only makes it worse.  But I refuse to go without it....This is a chronic disease.  Sometimes it will go away but in comes back within a few weeks...I am so frustrated.  I can't see, I tear all the time, my eyes are red and itchy....It upsets me that there is no cure....I look and feel a mess!!!!

• Posted

How will you be tweaking your diet?  I have noto read anything about diet  helping it but would like to know about it.  I also have the sensitivity to light big time but not the crustiness.
    • Posted

The optician recommended dark green vegetables like spinach. I do need to improve my diet so I'll go with that. I have a Nutribullet and I'm going to use that more. He also recommended fish oil. Will probably also take some of the supplements they recommend for other eye conditions.

• Posted

I ordered and just received Manuka honey.  Just put it on my eyes about an hour ago.  At first it stung, but then the stinging stopped.  I have not thought about changing my diet.  Why would that help?  I also take fish oil supplements everyday...Nothing seems to help... So far anyway.
    • Posted

Sorry - posts crossed. I think the proper medical manuka honey might be better than regular. The recommendation for green leafy vegs seems to be backed up with info online. i believe it is the omega 3 content..
    • Posted

Hi Jacqueline,

I have successfully used Manuka honey.  I think it is important to put the honey on properly in order for it to be successful....and it takes months to work not hours.  If you are interested in how I put it on....let me know!

Take care, Dawn

• Posted

I would love to know how to properly put it on. I only received it today, so I put some on my eye-lids, eye-lashes and under my eyes.  Hoping it might help the wrinkles too.  Ha Ha  I am very disappointed that it takes months.  You know that Blepharitis does come and go anyway...Sometimes it disappears by itself over night, but it always comes back....
    • Posted

Jacqueline,

Take a nail tee....you can get them at Amazon...Fran Wilson  Tees Applicators....and lift up your upper lashes and apply to the roots underneath....then over the top of the lashes like you are applying eyeliner.  Then put it on the roots of the lower lashes.  Let it sit there for 15 minutes to kill the bacteria.  After 15 minutes, rub your eyes and blink letting the honey into your eyes.  You might want to cover your eyes with a kitchen towel to  shield your eyes from light.  This will sting for three minutes and your eyes will get red and tears will stream down.  Do not let this discourage you, honey is good and healing for the eyes.  I do this twice a day.....morning before makeup and at night.  At night I let the honey stay on my upper lashes all night...I do not wipe the residue off....this is important to let it stay overnight.  To encourage you...I have read of many accounts of this curing blepharitis. I do not know firsthand...but I can tell you I have been doing this for several months and I have no symptoms and I wear eye makeup just like I used to.  This takes discipline but is so worth it and healthy for the eyes.  You should see good results in a matter of days.....so I mean months before you have no symptoms at all.  At least that is my experience although I know everyone is on their own journey....smileYou will get used to the stinging.....I don't even dread it at all anymore.  I am so grateful because I was so miserable and scared...I want to help others.  My Manuka honey was Manuka Doctor 20+ from Amazon.

There you have it.....take care, Dawn

• Posted

Thank you so much, I will do exactly what you said. Never heard of a nail tee, but I will get one on-line. I had the honey on my lids & lashes all day since I was home today. I just wiped it off with a Wet One. Wet Ones were also recommended for Blepharitis. Tomorrow I will leave the honey on when I go to bed. Thanks again for your help! Jackie

• Posted

Can you please tell me what is the correct way to apply the Manuka Honey on the eyes to treat Blepharitis 

Rosy

• Posted

If you scroll up I give all the instructions

If you have more questions you can private message me

I have been cured for one year now.....two eye doctor's have verified I have no blepharitis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.