Remeron Dosage increase.. can u all help please.. new here

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello

so about 3 months ago i started having really bad panic/anxiety... Was not eating and was shivering all the time. This happened with me for the first time in life. Went to psychiatrist he prescribed me on 30mg remeron. The first time i took the tablet i was very lightheaded and dizzy so doctro reduced the dosage to half...means 15 mg..and I started feeling a bit better in few days...

Now after about 2 months and 10 days.. I have increased the dosage to 30mg..and my fears are sort of increased the next day.. Am more nervous..shacky...anxious...

Is this common..? Will I be okay in a few days.? Does anyone here can realted to this..? Or should I go back to 15mg.. Cant talk to doc at the moment..

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I was on 15mg of Mirtazapine for about 4 months during which time it seemed to help my anxiety but not my lethargy.  It then seemed to stop working and doc suggested upping to 30mg which was on for about 2-3 weeks and now 45mg which have currently been on for just over 2 weeks.  Like you I can't help wondering if the higher doses are actually making me feel worse. 

If it helps I've decided to give it at least another week on the 45mg to make it 3 weeks in total.  Reading the leaflet with the drugs it does say should feel better within 2 - 4 weeks so I wonder if there's a case of getting worse to get better.

For you, if you felt ok on the 15mg I would just go back to that, if you didn't feel okay then it's a case of whether you can stand how you feel on the higher dose as to whether you want to allow a bit more time to see.  I sometimes find it useful to set a time limit e.g. I'll stay on this till next Wednesday and decide then.  For me anyway, sometimes making a decision to not currently make a decision helps me break out of the "what shoudl I do" type anxiety.

BTW I personally found the higher doses a bit more sedating than the lower doses.

HTH

• Posted

Your post very interesting. I was on 15mg Mirt for 4 weeks but nothing happening with anxiety. Doc upped dose to 30mg and was on this for 6 days but couldn't face the day anymore so was hospitalised for a week. Say the consultant who immediately upped dose to 45mg.  Been on this 12 days now and during last few days, have had unacceptable anxiety on 3 days. Am extremely restless and cannot seem to relax without the aid of Diazepam.

I see you tried for 3 weeks.  What are you doing now? Did you stick with it and get better?

• Posted

Hi June, noticed you posted this comment or very similar on another post which I gave a longer answer to.  In brief gave the 45mg 4 weeks and then decided it wasn't working for me so currently tapering off.  Down to 30mg at the moment and so far don't feel any worse than I did on the 45mg (in fact probably a bit better/more energy).

As I say my other post goes into a bit more detail (which hopefully you've been emailed details of).  As I said in that post the only thing | would say to you is 12 days isn't that long, it's generally acknowledged Mirt can take 3-4 weeks to kick in so if you can bear it you might want to give it slightly longer.

All the best to you, I hope you get better soon and get some peace.

• Posted

HI Guys

I have been on mirt 15mg for 21 days helped with sleep but not anxiety.  Then upped the dose to 22.5mg for 27 days same thing sleep ok but no helping anxiety.  I take Clonazepam for the anxiety so feel tired all the time.  Now upped to 30mg for the last 5 days and each day is worse .  Did help a bit with the anxiety during the day.  I have headache, nausea so might switch back down to 22.5mg.  Seeing my GP on Wednesday.  Waiting on a referral for a PDoc as One I saw thru out patient clinic just kept giving different meds not really talking to me or anything and I was having advserse reactions as they were SSRI and I guess I can't take those. 

Does anyone know after being on Remeron for this time frame that you can just stop and introduce another AD to the system without weaning off the Remeron.

Kathy

• Posted

I upped from 15mg initial dosage prescibed up to 30mg daily with an additional option to take a further 15mg when more anxious. My anxiety levels have raised ten fold initially bot thinking it could be the mirtazapine causing it. I have now stopped as felt i was going mad anxiety still present so hoping the mirtazapine will be out my system soon as even diazepam is not helping with the pannic im feeling x
    • Posted

Hi how did you finaly get on as I am on 45mg of Mirt and my anxiety is sky high... I was on 15-30 then the 45 for two weeks now!

Just wondered if anybody else out there can advise as well?

Cheers!

Stevie

• Posted

Hi guys how are you all doing on mirtazapine

I've been on it 11 weeks, last for days up to 45mg. Feel worse stopped my sleep having to take zopiclone now

Feel worse than before I started.

Anxiety and depression through roof

• Posted

Get off it while you can, slowly though.  Too many horror stories on here and im in the middle of them.
    • Posted

Hi I was on 15 then 30 and was then put up to 45. This was terrible and I managed to stick it for four weeks then had to come off the 45 as the anxiety rocketed. I eventualy came of this horrible drug and I am now on Cit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.