Remeron Withdrawal Abdominal Cramps

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello, I have posted here before, and some of you will remember. I am on my third and last withdrawal from mirt. I was having horrible abdominal cramps from the second attempt, and at the advice of my GI doc went back on 3.75. Within a few days, the abdominal symptoms were gone. However heart rhythm side effects force me to drop them after only a couple of months. I was hoping that the cramps were gone, but I wasn't that fortunate. Slowly, day by day, they returned, along with the normal WD symptoms. It has been over 80 days, and I am back using the heating pad for the pain. If this scenario is in anyway similar to your experience, or that of someone you know, would you please let me know. I know that no two people are the same, but to know that someone gradually had the abdominal cramps go with time, it sure would help with my anxiety / stress / peace of mind. I thank you, David. I first started trying to get off mirt about two years ago, and have been sick from withdrawals / side effects for the whole time, except last November when I went on the 3.75. Also, for anyone reading this, if you are on the Remeron road of hell, I wish you Godspeed in reaching the end!

0 likes, 90 replies

90 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi David, don't know if you've messaged me or I've messaged you accidentally as i new to this forum and so much time has passed from your post but I'm only 3 weeks into full withdrawal - I live in the uk so my Dr made me jump off at our lowest dose 7.5, said you cant tryst anything lower as they're not scored.

abdominal cramps and bowel issues are horrendous and of course the anxiety is still there plus the nausea - I hope you found a solution in the end and sorry fir troubling you if you'd rather put this all behind you kind regards Siobhan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.