Remeron Withdrawl - 7.5mg for sleep

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Ive been using Remeron for sleep off/on for the past year. But for the past two months about Ive been using it fairly regularly and have decided

to discontinue. I did 3.75mg for about a week and now I'm off. Is it possible to experience withdrawl from taking a low dose?

I'm feeling malaise, nausea, irritable, can't sit still, brain fog, depression..

How long does withdrawal last?

Any thing that can help?

Cheers!

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i forgot to mention the awful sweats!! mine have mostly gone now, lasted around 6 weeks on and off, totally dripping wet!!! especially at night

• Posted

so far I haven't had any night sweats just some armpit sweat to go with the frail nervous system. My withdrawal symptoms come and go in waves. Every day or two there's a theme! 😃 Last

couple of days there's been mental fatigue. There also seems to be a mild nausea/malaise feeling going on but not as bad as it was days ago when that wave hit. Having a little more anxious gut feelings, but no mental anxiety, it feels more physical than anything which is kind of strange.

• Posted

update....

I was having a lot of stomach nerves for a week or so and that stopped out of the blue but am now having strong waves of malaise like feelings, just a strong feelings of feeling unwell and feeling hopelessness and despair. These waves of malaise seem to hit in the afternoon. It will usually fade by late evening. Eating sometimes seems to help but maybe its the supplements I take with dinner that help, who knows.

Anyone else have symptoms that hit in the afternoon?

I'm also experiencing tight band around my head at times, stress seems to make it worse.

Today I feel the nausea again and just a feeling of blah... my mood isn't too bad but just feel uneasy....

• Posted

update... I went through some uncomfortable waves of feeling malaise/ill/doom but has recently lifted. Had some of those hunger pains and some dizziness now and then.

Now, I get these transient headaches and a tight band around my head. I also have this relentless sedating groggy fatigue like feeling and a general weakness. Not sure if it's withdrawal or what... Didn't have this before Remeron....

• Posted

hows your sleep going? how do i get through the insomnia part of this. Still on 4 mg. i will sleep ok for two days sometimes upwards to a week then all of sudden I wont sleep for days on end so exhausted and it makes my anxiety worse

• Posted

Hi,

Well my sleep actually improved a bit during withdrawal but now it's back to how its been for some time and that is I can fall asleep ok but may have multiple wake

ups or I will be up at 4-5am wide awake. Sometimes I can fall back a sleep. sometimes not.

I use pharmagaba, magnesium l-threonate, melatonin etc.... to help sleep. I woke up early a couple of times this past week and took some theanine and tryptophan (don't take tryptophan while on antidepressants without talking to your doctor about it as it could raise serotonin levels too high ...) and was able to fall back asleep.

• Posted

update...

Today I started getting these sharp pains in my head on the top right side that sometimes extends to the back side. I was thinking these were headaches but I think maybe they are brain zaps because the sharp pain hits then shortly after it's gone. The pain might hit in intensity a couple times in a row then it's gone. It felt pretty intense a couple of times but I didn't really have any other symptoms with it. I was driving when they first hit and was worried I might pass out but nothing bad happened other than the sharp intense tight pain that came and went. I would assume if this was a headache the pain would have stuck around longer but who knows for sure. After the initial brain zaps (or whatever they were) my mood felt better than it was. So it makes me think these are brain zaps and my serotonin receptors are healing and getting back to a pre-Remeron state, but that is just a theory.

Had a couple of waves of feeling malaise/ill. Still feeling tired.

Sleep not great but am falling asleep but waking up between 3-5am. I can fall back asleep for an hour or two so it's not too bad.

• Posted

I'm having strong waves of groggy sedative fatigue like I'm popping sleeping pills all day but not. Anyone experience this type of fatigue, the groggy/sedative feeling?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.