Removal of both ovaries and Fallopian tubes due to cysts 8wks ago still in pain and feeling unwell

Posted , 8 users are following.

When will it be over? I am so depressed and my care has been poor to non-existent from the start. Don't recommend I see the consultant again as he doesn't seem to care. What can I do I'm in despair

1 like, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Taz,

I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. You have been so strong, always guiding us, comforting us, I wish there was something I could do or say to make you feel better. I also also wish I knew the health system in the UK so that I could offer concrete suggestions. But, please know that I am always thinking of you and all other friends in this forum.  I am also praying for your nightmare to soon be over and your life to go back to normal.

May I ask you, is your epilepsy also giving you trouble on recovery? (I seem to recall someone mention that). What kind of med you take? I take Lamictal (Lamotragine), and it has worked well for the last 4 years. No seizures, no side effects.

Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs!

Lorena

• Posted

I take Epilum (sodium valproate) at the maximum possible dosage and Keppra (levetiracetam) at the maximum possible before side effects are caused which mean my neurologist won't increase it. As I still have about 6 fits a week he is talking about giving me something else as well.  He would have liked to put me on Lamictal but when he tried I was found allergic to it!

As a once staunch Catholic who can no longer pray I very much welcome being in people's prayers

• Posted

Thank you for the compliment, being someone who can bring comfort to others and help them is all I ask from life. Lighting a candle as they say is the foundation of my faith and philosophy 

Big hugs

Taz xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.