Removal of ovaries at Early age

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone got any information on going threw menopause after removal of ovaries.

Am 36 and just wanting to get any feedback negative or positives. Any Info on HRT etc

Thanks

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Natalie,

I had premature ovarian failure at 29 - one ovary removed surgically at 28 - the other stopped working. I went on HRT after hormone tests proved I had gone through menopause. HRT really depends on what you have left. I was originally put on a 2 pill combo - which was like being on the pill - so I had a monthly bleed each month. I had a hysterectomy (which removed 2nd ovary) 2 years ago - and am now on just one pill a day - (nothing left - so no bleed!) - have been on HRT a long time (I am 50 now) - can't tell you what I took years ago as they discontinued my first pills - last few years I have been on Elleste duet - and now Elleste solo. Originally I was on 1mg dose - but only for a couple of months as it wasn't strong enough - been on 2mg ever since. You have to weigh up pro's and con's. I was told due to a very early menopause I had an increased risk of heart issues and osteoprosis - I have never smoked - so that can be an issue. You also had to be aware of an increased risk of breast cancer - I check myself regularly. For me on a personal level - I couldn't sleep with the hot flushes and mood swings - in fact I did have to give up HRT prior to hysterectomy - it was awful! Am glad I am back on it - not looking forward to the day I have to give it up!

• Posted

hi natalie I have my ovaries removed to at 42 radical hysterectomy. I have nothing at all left do no more smears ... I'm finding I need HRT as my moods was really bad .I think when u are put straight in to your menopause it's very hard so take the help I would look bk and I'm really happy 2 years on .good luck hun x

• Posted

Thankyou so much am having a full hysterctomy uterus cervix fallopian tubes and ovaries removed.

Am not scared for op more concerned how i will be going threw menopause.

Well my little boy has a c

• Posted

Thankyou so much am having a full hysterctomy uterus cervix fallopian tubes and ovaries removed.

Well my little boy has a critical heart condition and oestopr

• Posted

Dont know why keeps posting early .

Well my little boy has a critical heart condition and osteoporosis runs in family. I have a low vit d count so think HRT is a must.

Can anyone advise on a good hrt and is implant or patches any good x

• Posted

natalie

I'd visit your gp and talk through your options.

I personally don't take HRT, rather go the natural route.

however if I tried other remedies which didn't work and my quality nof life was crap I would research and may be consider a HRT gel rather than orally as it goes through to liver more than a gel.

it's so frustrating what to do for the best as each woman us so different.

I went through natural menopause at age 45 ,now 51 and hysterectomy I only duffer with mild flushes and vaginal dryness which I take dhea and estriol which is wonderful.

research research and more research is key before yiu decide.

goid luck hunx

• Posted

Called doctors to discuss HRT so feel better ill have all that info before hospital.

Did anyone get pain in groin and into hip.. pain is terrible cant get comfortable.

x

• Posted

no sorry hun j never had that.

the only issue I've had is mild flushes,sleepiness nights and of course prolapse which I believe was the lack if estrogen from age 45 .

I've ordered estriol vaginal cubes and dhea to gell my vaginal dryness as I dont want to take vagifem anymore due to the risks longterm.

• Posted

hi natalie I have low vit d count too bless u .but HRT all the way for me I tried for the 1st 6weeks with nothing and it wasnt good as your body all of a sudden dont get the hormones it's used to having .and especially if your little boy is poorly to .my little as autism which was very hard when I came out of hospital and cudnt give him my full attention. so I would strongly consider having it hun.hope u get on ok ... I'm 2 years nearly now n love not having anymore problems and I can see the bigger picture now .good luck xx

• Posted

Hiya thankyou for your advice.

So happy you feel okay now. Hard isn't it my little boy has sensory processing so he will find it hard.

So having read your post i will defo go for it.

Is there alot off HRT to choose from does the make matter ? Do you have oestrogen and progestroen ?

xx

did u have a full hysterectomy

• Posted

aww bless u its bloody hard being a women isn't it ... I have had 4 different ones now as we all get different side effects the 1st one made my legs throb.the second one made me itch and the 3rd one as been took off the market but I'm a good one now I itch a little but take a antihistamine and it's fine.i think it's hard getting the right one but its hot n miss till u feel which one is right for you hun .my doctor was brilliant and she helped me a lot .she was shocked that the hospital left me with no HRT tho as I was a wreck. but that's history now I'm looking forward to the future xx

• Posted

Whats the name of Hrt your on ?

Is it a gel or tablet form ?

Yes i went to the hospital on Tuesday the hospital is quite good they do a gyny school . I was the youngest 36 and noone else was having removal of ovaries.

So i just asked the question what happens regarding HRT. They said depends on consultant . They will proabably leave you till outpatient clinic app.

So that could be 8 weeks after. Do you recommened starting straight away ?

My op is 2 weeks tommorow x

• Posted

wow ok hun soon then .😥 just dont over do it I didn't listen and did to much and ended getting a infection inside my stomach wasnt very nice and was quite poorly .so when they say dont over do it dont lol .I wudnt wait 8 weeks to go on them sooner u can the better hun.mine are zumenon 2mg ... which a just right but we are all different so worth asking for these hun and its tablets form... keep me posted how u get on bless u ....xx

• Posted

Am going to milk it ha ha.

Oh did you. Did you have to go back in hospital ?

Yes i want hrt for after its done definitely.

Thanks for your info an time x

• Posted

vaginal hydration cubes are small pellets made of voco butter,dhea,estriol

and she butter.

it gives the vagina what it needs to function again after menopause.

I perso6 would not take estrogen without orogestrone6 as the body will be flooded with too much estrogen and not enough progesterone.

doctors dont give progesterone after oyster because of no uterus but research hasvit we still need progesterone for bones,heart,breasts and to prevent strokes.

I would definitely do your research as what's good fir the last lady may be not for you.

we are all unique and HRT not to be taken lightly,weighing up pros and cons.x

• Posted

your welcome hun hope it all goes well.no I had had to go on strong antibiotics for 2 weeks then I did rest lol.but yes milk it lol at the end of the day you r having a major OP I was in theatre for 4 1/2 hours but out of it all day .dont remember nothing from 9am till 6pm lol .stayed in hospital for 3 days as my oxygen levels was very low but again everyone different. xx

• Posted

some of us sail through these surgeries and some have issues.

I was one of the lucky ones and I'm sure there will be lots more ladies like me.

natalie please dont worry I'm sure your surgery will go smoothly.

sometimes these forums worry us even more with other ladies experiences like I did but yiur unique and noone knows how it will be till after it.

stay positive and it will be absolutely fine.

like me I had hardly any pain,just given paracetamol after op.

• Posted

Just spoken to the doctors regarding HRT on phone consultation.

They said that all i will need is Oestrogen.

Is this normal there is a mixture of info on internet that says only need progesterone if uterus is intact.

Doctors seem pretty happy i just need this.

Any one agree or disagree so when i go tommorrow for BP etc that i can challenge whether i need progerstone as well or not .

Thanks

• Posted

hi

this us where I dont agree with.. I take bio identical progesterone cream which is a plant based progesterone which is what we need if we dont have a uterus,. our heart, bones and breast needs progesterone cream to stay healthy. once we reach menopause or surgi6 menopause our bodies stop making progesterone in large amounts. we end up estrogen dominant which isn't good if we want to avoid cancer.

I would never take estrogen on it's own no way.. the body needs balance and excess estrogen can be dangerous.

of course this is what I believe in since I've done years of research.

I take progesterone cream and estriol fir the health of my vagina..

if I need a boost of estrogen I would rather use the estrio, which is the safest of the 3 estrogens our body makes.

of course this is just my preference and yiu need to researcg6 before going ahead as HRT fir some ladies us wonderfu6 and helps intensively to there quality of life. we all need to do what's feel right to us.

good luck in your choices

• Posted

I hope u get on ok with it hun .it can course itching but piriton does help.wishing u all best and let me no how u get on 😉xx

• Posted

all the very best for your op.

I really hope you do well and stay healthy on HRT.. its not for everyone that's for sure but knowledge is power when it comes to taking estrogen o only HRT.

I know 2 friends who took it after having ovaries and uterus removed pre menopausal and one stayed healthy but u fortunately the other got breast cancer which was estrogen connected so it goes to show we must do what our gut tells us.

speedy recovery my friend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.