Removal of ovaries at Early age

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone got any information on going threw menopause after removal of ovaries.

Am 36 and just wanting to get any feedback negative or positives. Any Info on HRT etc

Thanks

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You sound like very strong women.

• Posted

Hi, Im new here. im 42 years old and will be having a total hysterecomy including the removal of both ovaries. im scheduled for surgery in october. im wondering how your surgery went and if you started hormone therapy? and if so have they helped. i hope youre doing well, youre so young

• Posted

Hiya

Yes my operation went well although when i woke up from surgery i was in alot of pain as i didnt have the spinal as opted for morphine pump instead. Would recommend spinal though. Once they got on top off my pain in recovery i was grand.

Unfortunately i had issues with my bowel. They thought i had pusedo obstruction an like any woman having a hysterctomy you will have a lazy bowel following surgery so be sure to take lactulose and lots of water.

Am on 2mg HRT Zumenon seems to be helping i had to take it cos off my age.

You will only need oestrogen.

Anything else i can help with.

You will be fine . When you having it ?

Natalie

• Posted

oestrogen only has a high risk if cancer. dont agree with just taking oestrogen because of no womb. our body still needs progesterone to balance estrogen in body.

also heart,bones,brain and breast benefit from progesterone also.

some GPS read from one bible only and that's when yiu must do yiur research.

I'd never put estrogen in my body in it's own.. so confusing for ladies but yiu must research.

• Posted

I'm sorry but this comment is simply misleading and is leaving out alot of information

Both estrogen only and Combonation HRT have links to cancers

However the risk of cancers from Combonation is alot higher you can see this clearly stated by the cancer research website

Estrogen only is proven to have more links to that of womb cancers where as combo is more linked to other cancers such as breast cancer and bladder cancers.

Also this is dependent of term of use of hrt estrogen is not used long term and is more beneficial to those who have had hysterectomys as the main risk area is no longer in the body so isn't a risk to begin with. It is also dependent on the persons general health and health factors if the doctors are saying estrogen is the way to go they are taking into account multiple factors which us on a website will not know.

For women who have had hysterectomys it is safer than risking other parts of the body.

Also the risk of cancers from both types of hrt massively drops once HRT has been stoped

Doctors are not out to get people they are there to help

You providing incorrect or purposely misleading information won't help the person you're talking to when it's the information they need to make an informed decision.

• Posted

Its very hard to argue against the proffesionals. Although i have challenged them regards to this as i read your previous posts and appreciate your comments.. I dont understand why they would not give progestrone to ladies . Whats there gain ?

• Posted

we all have to make the choice for ourselves. I choose not to take HRT for that very reason.

I'm not as young as yiu so you may need them more than I would as I went into natural menopause at age 45. I'm now age 51.

I wish you health and a speedy recovery hun.

• Posted

Hello

I'm Sarah I had a hysterectomy at 24 I'm now 27

(I had a rare condition that meant I ended up on a period everyday for 2 years)

I had my tubes womb cervix removed but after 2 years my ovaries started to die

I'll be honest menopause isnt the most pleasent when it starts however it does get better id consult your doctor regarding hrt I personally went with not taking it but keeping a close eye on my mood and whatever when I had any concerns about it I visited my gp.

They gave me the estrogen pill which just took he edge off in the begining( around 2 months worth) then I went without anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.