reoccuring mild gout flare

Posted , 3 users are following.

i first had my gout flare two years ago after some nsaids it went off in a few days. had a couple of flares since then. now i am 26 and having the worst attack i always look at my uric acid and it was 8.5-14. it is now 6 weeks since then and my flare is reocuring. mild but still painfull which is in my right feet sometime ankle, toes, and even in the heels i was put on febuxostat. it is now 17 days since then and my uric is 4.4. just wondering jave any one experience this? i can walk but atill there is a mild pain whenever a walk too long. iam also takibg metcort and colchicine whenever i feel like a huge flare is coming. i am also considering if i have ra?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

FYI - when I was diagnosed the first thing they did was send me to see a cardiologist to make an assessment of my cardiac risk - the reason is that if you're heart attack risk is high, then then it has to be monitored - in my case I was ok. In the UK they do not do this.

• Posted

same with me maybe due to my young age no other organ has been damage yet. good thing iam treating the root cause now than later.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.