Repeated shingles and depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

When would I have know that getting shingles would turn my life around at 65 years of age! Going through this is one thing, but people looking at you as it cant be true that you have repeated shingles is another! Some people dont believe that shingles can repeat itself many times for some people!! We here are the living truth of this disease and many are suffering like Ruth, Rhonda, Cindy and myself and also a dear friend Merry!

Doctors dont even have answers for the repeated shingles! Right now my head is hurting that I feel my scalp is actually on fire! THE blister is oozing and it burns like hell! At times its the burning and the feelibg of needles going into my scalp! I Feel like a truck just runned me down! I APPLY cold compressors for relief abd also boil seeds of Manzanilla (chamomile flower) and I filter it on coffee filters after leaving it over night to cool down! I APPLY it over the blister and that will calm the damaged nerve! It helps very much! keep it cold inside the fridge! APPLY IT AS NEEDED to help the burning and itching!

Hoping you all can find some relief too!

Prayers,

MyrnaFile size is too big

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

IF you are in the States, get a prescription or note from your physician stating you have had recurrent Herpes Zoster Shingles, bring it to the

pharmacy. You are eligible for Shingrex even if you are under 50 years of age.

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thanks for this info! I am going to go to the Urgent Care today, and get a prescription. I have a Prescription from my bout last year, but it is over 8 months old. Also, I am going to be going on Vacation the first week of May How much sooner should I get the first round, and would I be able to get the second round after I return ?

ALso, FYI I went to my GP when I first starting experiencing Shingles, and he said that's just a rash take Benedryl.

• Posted

Merry,

I talked to the Urgent care today. I am unable to get a prescription for the vaccine. They called the pharmacy,and they called Vaccine info, and they said 50 and over no exceptions. 😦

• Posted

50???? well here in UK My doctor says i have to be 70 or over!!!!!! ridiculous as i am suffering facial shingles reocurring since aged 18!!!!

i think anyone should be able to get vaccine at any age. we are the ones going through this awful painful unbearable disease NOT the doctors, they can sympathise but the dont know what the pain and symptoms are like. i am recovering but now im left with scabs on face and PHN and exhaustion lethargy etc.

• Posted

That pharmacy is wrong, as others with recurrent shingles have received the two doses of Shingrex spaced 2-4 months apart if they have a physician's prescription, with Shingrex, and diagnosis:

Recurrent Herpes Zoster -Shingles.

You live in the States, correct?

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.